Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't Sync with OwnCloud

MacPauli

Hello,

I am trying to set up Enpass on my Android Phone.  I have my database synced up via a webdav server, which works without issue on my 2 Macs and iPad. However, when I try to sync with my Android phone, I receive the error that it cannot contact the webdav server.  

Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge

Android 7.0

Enpass 5.5.3

Owncloud: WebDav-Server over https://ocloud.de/product/owncloud.html

Best regards

Stefan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Same problem here. 

https://ocloud.de/product/ocloud.html

Galaxy S8 actual Enpass-Version from play store.

The address works fine in chrome browser, also in iOS and Windows 10 no problem with Enpass on this server. 

Andi

Update: 

It is definitely a problem no common problem. The reason must be by the configuration of ocloud.de . I have tested it with another provider (wolkensicher.de) with no problems. 

I opened a ticket by ocloud.de.

Edited by zniehna
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response.

If possible, can you please share a demo account of your WebDAV in a personal message to me along with device, OS and Enpass version details. That would help us in diagnosing the issue.

Ciao.

• 1 month later...
Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing while syncing with Owncloud/WebDAV. For us, it's really a big challenge to individually check all OwnCloud/WebDAV services and their settings. So, in this case, we request you to please share a demo account of your WebDAV/ownCloud via PM so that we can further investigate this issue.

Your co-operation is highly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am having this same issue. 

I am able to sync just fine with my owncloud service on my two Mac desktop Enpass applications, so I know it is not the settings or functionality of the server that is at issue.

Unfortunately, the error message that pops up in Android does not give any kind of indication of what kind of issue is happening. It merely says it cannot connect to the specified webdav folder.

My settings are identical to the ones I used to enter my sync info in Enpass for Mac (5.6.0). Screenshot_20171028-132421.thumb.png.3368bc814983e3e6cc3540dfe35e99cb.png

$ sudo -u www-data ./occ --version
ownCloud version 9.1.6

Is there a log somewhere where I can see in the android app what the actual problem is, so I can help you guys solve this?

I would like to purchase the android app, but there's no point if I can't sync with my owncloud server and my existing enpass applications on Mac.

thanks.

I just installed a similar feature rich password manager app called SafeInCloud to try its WebDAV capability and to my surprise SafeInCloud could immediately connect and synchronized through WebDAV.

Everybody can try it out for themselves. To me it's now clear it's 100% Enpass for Android which isn't functioning correctly. I suggest the developers should take a look at SafeInCloud and figure out how they make it happen.

After all it is clear now that it is possible on Android.

Edited by Kelvino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30.10.2017 at 6:30 PM, lulumatz said:

..I even provided a test account to support their troubleshooting without any success....

I've send them a test account in March too and it took them two months to tell me to enable Basic authentication  which didn't change anything. Any other app can connect or sync to my OwnCloud drive without issues just Enpass Android makes problems and a fix doesn't to be coming anytime soon. Very disappointing.

Having read through several posts on this topic my heart has sunk. I too cannot sync to my Android phone using webdav ("could not connect to the specified folder"). The PC version of Enpass syncs fine over webdav. I have deleted the android app data to start again twice, but same deal. Has anyone has success with this feature? It's the primary reason I bought (yep, I paid up) the Enpass Android app. Do the support guys look at these forums? Would it help to attach a logcat of the operation?

Thanks

Edited by Eggfish
typo

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

We are extremely sorry for the discomfort you're going through. Our dev is already working on fixing this in the next update, we'll still need some WebDAV/OwnCloud accounts to test. So it'd be a great help if you can DM your demo account.

Your co-operation is highly appreciated.

7 hours ago, Akash Vyas said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for your patience. We've just released a new beta update fixing these issue.

Cheers!

Thank you so much for the fix! After nearly 9 months after reporting it it finally works as advertised.

No need to use extra apps to sync my Enpass vault with my Android device.

Please extend my sincere gratitude to entire team of Enpass.

I can finally recommend this app to my colleagues again.

• Like 1