Enpass Discussion Forum

Note Field and Main Window (macOS)

Kai

hi there,

i enjoy using enpass now for a few month and really like it a lot!

two things which make working with it for me difficult are:

1) the note field is in edit mode far too small. i use it extensively and scrolling in this tiny window is a pain... ;)

2) the main window disappears after a certain time (i don't know why at all). since i cmd-tab to switch apps it does not appear when selecting the enpass app-icon. getting it back means moving to the menu bar and clicking on window -> main window. a couple of times a day... so it would be great if this window could just stay open or alternatively a shortcut to get it back to the front. like cmd-1 or so.

hope you can add these changes soon in a future update. thanks a lot! kai

Hey @Kai,

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your positive words and feedback..

On 1/17/2020 at 11:53 PM, Kai said:

the note field is in edit mode far too small. i use it extensively and scrolling in this tiny window is a pain

We're working on improving the Notes functionality. 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:53 PM, Kai said:

the main window disappears after a certain time (i don't know why at all). since i cmd-tab to switch apps

While we're forwarding your request to the development team for further analysis, could you please share the Enpass and the Mac OS version?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

hey kashish, 

thanks for your replies and great that you might bring these changes in the future!!!

a shortcut to call the main window would be very helpful! (cmd +1 or something)

i use enpass 6.3.3 (584) on macos 10.14.6

best wishes, kai 

@Kai

Thanks for writing in.

You can set the system-wide hot key(shortcut) to launch Enpass from anywhere in the system. Please be informed that the shortcut by default is < CMD+/ > You can create the shortcuts from your browser extension’s settings by following the below steps:

1- If you are using Firefox browser-

Click on Browser's menu bar -> Go on 'Add on' -> Click on 'Preferences' -> ENABLE
and view/change the keyboard shortcut.
1- If you are using Chrome browser-

Click on Browser's menu bar -> Go on 'More tools' -> Click on 'Extensions' -> go on Enpass details -> Open 'Enpass Extension option'.
For more details, please go through the user manual.

Thanks!

hi garima, 

thanks for coming back to me so quickly!

i meant a different function for the shortcut. i mean a shortcut within the enpass programm. like under "window" minimize (cmd-m).

in the same menu is the "main window" (have to translate from german "hauptfenster"). that really needs a shortcut on its own! because that mainwindow keeps disappering the moment the app goes in hide  (cmd-h in finder).

thanks again! best wishes, kai 

hello again,

what happens ist this and it bothers me a lot meanwhile:

i have the app in the forground and hit cmd-h to hide it. 

if i want it back in the foreground (usually cmd-tab) the main window is gone. 

is this intended (security) behaviour? if so i would love to have an option to turn it off. so that the main window is alway available. 

the mentioned shortcut above to get it back is just a worksaround in my opinion. 

please please thing about this and talk to you developers.

thank you so much! and i hope for an update soon ;) best wishes, kai 

• 6 months later...

hi there,

since our last conversation there where many updates. everytime i was hoping that you would have added some of my suggestions. but none has been added yet :(

3 things really make my work with enpass difficult:

• the far too tiny note field when editing

• no shortcut to bring the main window back into sight when it has been hidden (cmd-h)

• the touch unlock feature requires to klick on the touch icon (fingerprint) before using this feature. i end up just typing in the password because it is quicker. why not have both methods available right away without the extra klick on this icon? that would be great!

thanks again and all the best! kai

Hey @Kai

Thanks for getting back.

14 hours ago, Kai said:

• the far too tiny note field when editing

Please share a screenshot or video of the same so that we can understand it better.

14 hours ago, Kai said:

no shortcut to bring the main window back into sight when it has been hidden (cmd-h)

• the touch unlock feature requires to klick on the touch icon (fingerprint) before using this feature. i end up just typing in the password because it is quicker. why not have both methods available right away without the extra klick on this icon? that would be great!

We are already aware of these two behaviour and our team is working on it to improvise these feature. Your co-operation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

hi garima,

thanks for your answer. i described the problem already a couple of times. i am referring to the tiny note field in edit mode. enpass on macos and ios. that is obvious that it is far too small. no? i switched from 1password to enppass. so i made heavy use of the notefild in 1password. there it was easy to edit a lot of text. in enpass it is almost impossible because you see a few lines of text and then have to scroll. so i never see all the text which makes it really difficult to work with it! it is the yellow text area in normal view mode which turns into a tiny scrolling window in edit mode. i would be sooooo happy if you could make that much bigger!!!!

another strange thing is that i have to click on the fingerprint icon before unlocking enpass (macos) with touch id. that is so unnecessary! why not just use touch id or offer both options (text input password and touch id?) why must i switch?

thanks again for considering! best wishes, kai  

Hey @Kai

Thanks for writing back.

15 hours ago, Kai said:

i am referring to the tiny note field in edit mode. enpass on macos and ios. that is obvious that it is far too small. no? i switched from 1password to enppass. so i made heavy use of the notefild in 1password. there it was easy to edit a lot of text. in enpass it is almost impossible because you see a few lines of text and then have to scroll. so i never see all the text which makes it really difficult to work with it! it is the yellow text area in normal view mode which turns into a tiny scrolling window in edit mode. i would be sooooo happy if you could make that much bigger!!!!

I have noted your suggestion and forwarded it to the team for further consideration.

15 hours ago, Kai said:

another strange thing is that i have to click on the fingerprint icon before unlocking enpass (macos) with touch id. that is so unnecessary! why not just use touch id or offer both options (text input password and touch id?) why must i switch?

We appreciate your suggestion for this feature. Please be informed that there is already a plan to implement this feature. 

Thanks!

hi pratyush, thanks a lot! would be great and make my daily life and use of the app much more fun! ;)
i also want to remind you of a very simple change in the app. just a cmd-e shortcode or similar to bring open the main app window again from hiding (cmd-h) in the finder of macos.
thanks a million! kai

• 2 months later...

Hello,

The request that @Kai made re. window size - I second that strongly. I made that request ages ago and it hasn't been addressed yet (not bashing you guys, I love the product, but this is such an easy fix I'm so surprised nothing's been done about it). Here is a snapshot with the suggestion. just allow us to resize the window downwards!

enpass_window_suggestion.png