Enpass Discussion Forum

is it possible to use one database with Enpass V.5 and V.6?

W. Seiler

Hello guys,

I have the following challenge: On my mobile phone with iOS 10.3.4 I use Enpass V.6.3.2. On one laptop with Windows 10 I'm also using Enpass V.6. For synchronizing I use Google Drive. Synchronizing and all other functionality work very well. But for some works I have to use a MacBook Pro with OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). Since this MacBook is from mid 2009 it is not possible to upgrade OS X to a higher Version. Therefore on the MacBook I'm using Enpass V.5.6.11. And I'm using Google Drive since synchronizing via iCloud is not possible in Enpass V.5.6.11.

The problem is: When I install Enpass on the MacBook and I choose "Restore existing data" synchronizing fails.

The Browser tells me: 

Authorization Finished

Please continue with Enpass application.

And a popup shows:

Enpass was unexpectedly terminated

with three option: Ignore, send report, open again.

I suppose the reason for that is that the database of Enpass V.5 and V.6 are different.

Please, can you tell me if there is any other alternative than buying a new MacBook? ;-)

Thx a lot in advance!

• W. Seiler changed the title to is it possible to use one database with Enpass V.5 and V.6?

Hey @W. Seiler,

Welcome to the forums!

On 1/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, W. Seiler said:

I suppose the reason for that is that the database of Enpass V.5 and V.6 are different

That's right! Enpass versions 5 and 6 have different architecture and internal file structure. Due to this reason, Enpass 6 doesn't recognise the version 5 sync files and vault database. 

On 1/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, W. Seiler said:

can you tell me if there is any other alternative than buying a new MacBook

Maybe, there is. Try using Enpass 6.0.6 on your 2009 Mac and check if Enpass syncs with other devices. Download Enpass 6.0.6 for Mac from here. If you want to restore v5 data in v6, you can check the article on the help page and take help.

Thanks.

@W. Seiler

Good to know it worked out! 

On 1/24/2020 at 5:47 PM, W. Seiler said:

I'm wondering why I couldn't find this Version for download on the sites of Enpass

on the website, we intend to keep the latest version, and the major reason is because the older versions tend to have bugs which new users certainly won't find pleasing. 

On 1/24/2020 at 5:47 PM, W. Seiler said:

Once again, thank you very much for your help

I appreciate your feedback. Have an awesome day!