Enpass Discussion Forum

Big problem with attachments!

Vibsi

Hello,

I'm a long time satisfied Enpass user. But today I discovered something very frightening. I cannot display or save any of my attachments. I have six attachments inside my vault and none of them are usable any more! I use Enpass on Windows 10 (latest store version 6.3.3 (596)), Android (latest Play Store version 6.3.4 (298)) and iOs (latest version, device not at hand to check).

The desktop and Android version display the same error message: "Attachment Not Found. To download the attachment, please synchronize your vault with the same cloud account used to restore the data"

The attachments are different, PDF, TXT and JPG files. None of them work any more. I synchronize my fault via Google Drive.

I'm very worried, since I stored this files for security reasons only inside Enpass. Please help me.

Best regards

Alex

Ok, it took me a while but I managed to restore everything.

I took these steps:

1. Found an old backup file an restored the attachments as files

2. Exported the whole default vault as a JSON file

3. Deleted Enpass from every device and from Google Drive

4. Deleted Enpass App Data directly from Google drive and disconnected Enpass

5. Imported the default vault from the JSON export

6. Connected and synchronized Google Drive again

7. Connected all devices again

Everything seems to work again, including the newly inserted attachments.

What I learned:

- The JSON Export can also export archived entries, but if you restore everything they are not archived any longer.

I hope I can help people with similar problems.

Best regards

Alex

Edited by Vibsi

• 2 weeks later...

@Vibsi

Alex, Thanks for highlighting the issue on attachments and a detailed step-by-step solution to it. However, I'm still unable to figure what made the attachments not appear at the first place? Was it archiving those items (having attachments) or something else? I hope you could help me identify that!

• 1 month later...

I really don't know. It has nothing to do with archiving, since most of the missing attachments weren't stored with archived entries. Maybe it was reinstalling Enpass and vault synchronizing a couple of times on different devices? Since I could restore it from an old backup I didn't do much research about the cause. I 

I just learned and mentioned, that you can export all entries to JSON (archived and not archived), but if you import the JSON data again, everything is in the current view and nothing is archived any more.