Enpass Discussion Forum

How to disable pulseaudio?

vsq

I'm trying to get Enpass working on a system with no pulseaudio. I thought the portable version would have no such dependencies.

However:

/home/xxx/Downloads/bin/EnpassPortable: error while loading shared libraries: libpulse.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How can I disable pulseaudio?

Edited by vsq

Guest Akash Vyas

Hi @vsq

Thanks for writing in.

It seems that you are using a wrong command to run Enpass Portable. So please run the command under Enpass Extracted Folder--> bin-->./runenpass.sh  

And if you want to run Enpass Portable using GUI, you'll find a shortcut in the extracted folder named EnpassPortable. 

Cheers!

Thanks Akash, but:

~/Downloads/bin $ ./runenpass.sh
/home/xxx/Downloads/bin/EnpassPortable: error while loading shared libraries: libpulse.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The question is not how to help enpass find libpulse library but how to disable pulseaudio so that the library would not be needed. (maybe a command line flag?)

Edited by vsq

Hi @vsq,

You won't be able to run Enpass without pulse audio installed. We don't have a command line flag for disabling it. Though this library is installed by default with almost every Linux desktop system, but you have a unique situation here. 

Please install relevant pulseaudio package on the target system and try again.

Cheers