Enpass Discussion Forum

password not accepted anymore

stieve

Hi,

Since this morning my password that has been working up to friday is no longer accepted.

i de-installed Enpass this morning end reinstalled it and tried to open the backup file from my dropbox, where i can visualise the password that i enter and it is correct.

Has there been an update or something that changed the software?

any suggestions?

Hello @stieve,

Welcome to the forums!

We regret the inconvenience with the master password.

Make sure that you're careful with the case of the letters while entering the password. Also, try copy-pasting the master password using a text-editor into Enpass. This will help validate the special characters(if any) in the password.

Thanks.

Hi,

Done all of that.

There are no special characters in the password.

also with deinstalling it and then getting the backup from dropbox you have the possibility show the password that has been entered.

I have been using it for 4 months now, with the same password, without issue...

Thanks

Edited by stieve

@stieve,

We need to be clear with Restoring from Dropbox. Are you using the cloud sync or are you downloading the vault sync file from Dropbox and then restoring it as a backup file in Enpass? The latter one is not a possibility, moreover, are you trying to restore the data from the Welcome screen of Enpass or within an existing vault? If it's possible for you, please share a screenshot of the error you face while entering the password.

@stieve

Thanks for the screenshots. Those make the situation a bit clearer. If you already have Enpass data on DropBox, then I'll suggest you to first create a new vault with the same master password you're presently trying. Once you're through creating a new vault, set up sync with DropBox and confirm if the sync sets up successfully.

Hi @Sipfox,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please make sure you are using the correct master password by checking the caps lock off. Also, please try copy and pasting your master password in the password field to check if that works. If the problem persists, please share some more info so that we can check further.

• On which all devices (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Which cloud services are you using?
  • Does your master password contains any special character?
  • Are you able to access Enpass on any other device?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,

I'm using the correct master password.

i have written it in notepad and pasted it into the password field. If i reveal the password in the password box it is correct.

Windows 10 / 1 device version 6.3.3 / dropbox / nope only _ & - / i don't use it on, any other devices