Enpass Discussion Forum

Please provide password of Enpass data on Dropbox

Hi,

Since yesterday my Enpass data can't synchronize with my Dropbox account (on Linux Desktop and on my both android devices) (see my attachment). It is odd because I've never changed my masterpassword. Or is it another one? I read this page but it didn't help me at all. Why is it asking for a password after couple of year of use ?

Thank you for you answer and your fine work

Screenshot from 2017-07-26 20-33-14.png

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @phnode

This is really strange and I am sorry for the trouble it is creating at your end! I've noted it down and our testing team will have a look at it. Meanwhile, to get rid of this issue, please follow these steps and let us know if this works for you:

• Turn off the sync from all devices.
  • Login into Dropbox in any Browser--> Go to App--> Open Enpass Folder --> Select Sync_default.walletx file --> Rename it as oldSync_default.walletx.
  • Now open Enpass and turn on the sync on your devices and check.

To dig in to it further, I might be having some more queries with a request to perform some troubleshooting steps with the renamed, old file. 

Cheers!

• 5 months later...
On 27/7/2017 at 1:49 PM, Akash Vyas said:

Hey @phnode

This is really strange and I am sorry for the trouble it is creating at your end! I've noted it down and our testing team will have a look at it. Meanwhile, to get rid of this issue, please follow these steps and let us know if this works for you:

• Turn off the sync from all devices.
  • Login into Dropbox in any Browser--> Go to App--> Open Enpass Folder --> Select Sync_default.walletx file --> Rename it as oldSync_default.walletx.
  • Now open Enpass and turn on the sync on your devices and check.

To dig in to it further, I might be having some more queries with a request to perform some troubleshooting steps with the renamed, old file. 

Cheers!

Same problem here.

I was planning to buy the pro version but after my first sync try I completely disappointed.

Your proposed solution works but gives me an empty file.