Enpass Discussion Forum

How do I restore from export from PC

Captainjay

New User

I exported a file in Enpass on my PC it was a file with a .json extension that I moved to my phone and tried to create a new vault and import this file but it continually says incorrect password. I have tried this 6 different times with no success. Tried drag & drop from PC to phone & cut & paste to Phone I see the file on the phone but when I try to use it I get the error incorrect password

Also I tried exporting a file from the desktop ver of Enpass and put it in OneDrive cloud storage then tried to restore by creating a new vault on my android selected one drive it gave a error message could not find any v6 data. Also tried the with my wifes iPhone with the same results. I can clearly see a file there again with a .json extension 

Edited by Captainjay

Hi @Captainjay

Welcome to the forum!

We want to inform you that the import and export option is only available on desktop as of now and not on mobiles. However, import/export from mobiles is already in our roadmap and will be available in the future version of Enpass. 

To transfer any Enpass data from desktop to mobile, please follow the below steps-

1. Open Enpass on your desktop device and go to Enpass settings --> Vaults --> Tap on Primary ---> Select sync and choose a cloud account to your database.
  2. Enter your cloud account details, follow the instructions and wait till the sync is successful.
  3. Now open Enpass on your mobile device --> Vaults --> Tap on Primary ---> Select the cloud (as in Step 1) from which you had enabled sync on your desktop device.
  4. Once successfully synced, all your databases from the desktop will be restored(visible) on your mobile device.

For more details, you may also refer to this user manual. If the problem persists, please share the Enpass version you using on each device.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Captainjay

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:04 PM, Captainjay said:

I exported a file in Enpass on my PC it was a file with a .json extension that I moved to my phone and tried to create a new vault and import this file

As I informed earlier, import and export option is only available on desktop (not on mobile).

Please follow the below steps to transfer(restore) the data from PC to any other device -

• Take the complete backup of Enpass data from your windows desktop using these steps. Open Enpass > Click on 'Backup all vaults' from the menu > Select the location and save it.
  • Now login to your cloud account on your desktop and upload the backup folder in the Enpass app folder.
  • Now login to your cloud account on your mobile device, download the same backup folder data and save it locally.
  • Open Enpass on your mobile --> Settings --> Advanced --> Apply Erase Everything function > when the Welcome screen appears, restore the data from the backup file saved locally. Note: Before uninstalling the app make sure you already have the backup of Enpass data.

Hope this helps.