Enpass Discussion Forum

Passwords not syncing

Annis

I have Enpass saved to my computer (Windows) and phone (Samsung) and they are connected via Dropbox.  The passwords used to automatically update on both devices when I saved them on either my phone or my computer, but now the information is not being sent across, despite the fact that when I go into 'sync' it says it has synced.  Does anyone know why this might be happening please and what I can do to fix it?  Thank you so much.

Hi @Annis

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

For quick troubleshooting, please disconnect the sync from all the devices and reconnect it again.

If the problem persists, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • are you getting any error message or code while syncing?
  • is the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?

Thanks!

Hi @Brian,

These steps are to be taken when the user is certain that the data is intact in at least one of the devices. Even if the sync file is deleted/renamed from the cloud, the user should have a local backup of the data in the device which can be used to restore the data.

You can rename the file, and then setup the sync once again. All the data from the main device will be synced to the cloud which can then be synced with other devices.

@Brian,

Apologies for this. 

Could you please confirm whether you tried to rename the sync file on Dropbox. Also, please check whether you may have exhausted the storage limit of your Dropbox account. 

To check the syncing feature of Enpass to Dropbox, please try creating a new dummy vault in one of your devices and then sync it to another Dropbox account. Then try connecting another device's new dummy vault to it and check whether the syncing option is working as expected. 

If this doesn't help, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention a few) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced time get updated on the sync page?

Also, if possible, please share the screenshot of the error code 209992.  

• 6 months later...

Hi @Brian,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Could you please confirm whether you tried to rename the sync file on Dropbox. Also, please check whether you may have exhausted the storage limit of your Dropbox account. 

To check the syncing feature of Enpass to Dropbox, please try creating a new dummy vault in one of your devices and then sync it to another Dropbox account. Then try connecting another device's new dummy vault to it and check whether the syncing option is working as expected. 

If this doesn't help, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention a few) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced time get updated on the sync page?

Plenty of space.  I can certainly delete the file, but then I have 30 computers that require a resync.  This is a terrible solution.

The ONLY fix I have found is to disconnect ALL 30 computers, delete/rename the file on dropbox, and then reconnect ALL 30 computers to dropbox.

Edited by Brian

• 4 weeks later...

This has now happened again.  Some computers sync while others decide they're no longer going to sync.  Since some sync, it's not a dropbox issue, but a persistent bug in Enpass. 

Adding to that frustration is the inability to break Enpass's attempt to sync.  You have to kill the app.

• 4 weeks later...