Enpass Discussion Forum

Sensitive Fields Display When App Sent to Background

Matt Miller

On my BlackBerry Priv running Android 6.0.1 fields flagged as "Sensitive" reveal themselves when the app is sent to the background.  If there are any sensitive fields near the top of the entry then they become visible.  Even if the app isn't currently displaying a specific entry, then when I background the app some recent entry I was viewing is displayed and any sensitive fields in view are revealed.  Note that under "Settings -> Security" I have selected "Hide Sensitive."

Sensitive fields should not be revealed when the app is sent to the background.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Matt Miller

Thanks for using Enpass and writing to us.

The issue you're referring is something that we've never heard before. So in order to look into this issue, we're going to need a little input from your side. Please let me know: 

• Which version of Enpass are you using?
  • Have you Allowed Screenshots under advanced settings of Enpass?

Awaiting you response. Cheers!

My Enpass version is 5.5.3. As as far as allowing screenshots, I don't have that option under Settings->Advanced, or under any of the settings submenus. I can capture screenshots in general by just pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. However, when I try to capture a screenshot of my Enpass Settings->Advanced menu then I get an error notification, "Couldn't capture screenshot.". It seems Enpass is preventing that.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hi @Matt Miller

Thanks for the details.

We tried to reproduce this issue on the devices we have with us but were unable to do so. Neither, any of our priv user reported this. This seems to be a device specific problem and we're looking into this. I'll get back to you when I have something conclusive about this. Meanwhile, if you find anything related, please share with us.

Greetings!

This problem has gone away for now.  I don't know why, but lately whenever I send Enpass to the background on this device it displays just a white background.   Now everything on the app's screen is hidden when it goes to the background.  This is good.

I might play around with the settings to see if I can reproduce the problem, but at this point I'm just glad it's working better.

• Like 1