Enpass Discussion Forum

windows hello option in enpass not working

aristosv

I downloaded the Windows 10 (Store) version of enpass and purchased the pro verision just to enable the windows hello option.

The point is not to have to enter the master password every time the computer is restarted. But it seems its not working.

Could this be a bug? What can I check to troubleshoot this issue?

I posted this issue again on July 30th 2019 and I was assured that it would be fixed in a future release.

https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/topic/9599-windows-hello-option-in-enpass-not-working/

Thanks

Edited by aristosv

Hello @aristosv,

We would like to inform you that currently, Enpass asks for the master password in the below given scenarios even if you have enabled the Windows Hello:

• System re-start
  • When you quit Enpass and starts fresh

The Windows Hello functionality is our top priority but since there have been some security and technical issues because of which we have not been able to implement it fully. However, we are working tirelessly to improve the Windows Hello functionality  so that the app can directly be opened using the Windows Hello option. The functionality would be added in the future updates coming soon. 

I know that I need to re-enter the master password on restart or reopening the app. This is why I wanted the Windows Hello functionality, so I don't have to enter the master password. So it's been months now that I paid for the Windows 10 (Store) version of enpass, specifically for this advertised feature, and it seems that I just wasted my money.

Is there an ETA for this feature to be implemented?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey @Tahreem,

when using a Desktop I usually do not have a webcam that supports Windows Hello.

But PIN is supported always. When I select Windows Hello and set up the PIN it still asks for the master password after restart. On my Laptop where I have facial recognition with Windows Hello enabled it let's me unlock Enpass also after restarts with it.

Also the built in PIN option is pretty much useless as I cannot unlock the app with it on first time use after start up.

Could you please let people unlock after start up with the built in PIN or the Windows Hello PIN please by making it an option?

People know how trustworthy the environment of their PC is and should be able to determine if this is safe or unsafe for them.

Thank you very much!

Edited by michacassola