Enpass Discussion Forum

Importing Form Fills from Lastpass?

Hi guys,

Im trialing enpass as an alternative to LastPass after the price increase. One thing Im having issues with is although I can export my data from LastPass, the form fills do not appear to be able to be imported into enpass. The form fill items are separately exportable from Lastpass but importing them doesnt work.

Also things like secure notes and licenses are not imported in the corresponding areas in enpass. They are imported just as normal sites.

Is this just a limitation of the import feature in Enpass?

Regards

David

Import was a bit of a mess for me.  As far as I can tell, there is no form fill function to enpass.  Import did not copy the names the right way (they are all no Title and have a field called Name that is what it used to be called.)  Notes and passwords are all put in the import folder.  I wanted to scream when I saw everything was unnamed.  I'm hoping to find a back-end to the sql database so I can fix some of this stuff.

• Like 1

Thanks Lapidary, glad its not just me. Its a shame the import functionality isnt a bit better as this is how you get Lastpass people on board, especially when they've just increased their pricing. For now I will be staying with lastpass and re-evaluating nearer my expiry and seeing if its any better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys, 

Sorry for the delayed response and hearing about all the mess you're going through. We tested this issue in our lab and found that Enpass does face some problems while importing Secure Notes containing special characters, from LastPass. Our dev team is working to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Till then please bear with us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also exploring Enpass, based upon AA review and price increase of LastPass. Have been unable to successfully do the export/import, so will probably have similar issues with the form fill and other saved documents. Have filed a ticket with Enpass, and thought I'd also try the forum. Right now just trying on computer (W10) before going to Android phone and tablet. My LastPass goes through April, so have some time to figure it out ...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Can't seem to find this anywhere else, so...

I would REALLY like to see form-fill functionality (e.g. create a profile with email, phone number, address, etc. that can be auto-filled). Lastpass has this feature and, now that their lowest mobile version is free my wife prefers that we use that program... so we do :-) 

The W10 and WM10 enpass offerings are much better in my view, and I would prefer to use them, but I really like having the forms stored and synced securely across devices (rather than using the browser options implemented in some browsers). 

Any plans to add this feature and/or am I missing it somewhere?