Enpass Discussion Forum

iOS sync broken

Gilrich

The sync on my iPad is broken. I noticed it doesn't sync my data with my Windows and Android devices anymore. I sync over Onedrive and I can see that Enpass on my iPad creates a new folder "Enpass 1" in my Onedrive. Windows and Android sync to "Enpass". I don't get error messages in the app since the sync doesn't fail. I just syncs to a separate folder instead of using the same as the other apps.

• Like 1

I have the same here. But I noticed on iOS the version is 6.3.2 and on the Windows devices it's already 6.4.0... I thought 6.4 was still Beta? 

Maybe I once have been member of the beta program but for user I don't want that anymore, at least not for my everyday use Enpass!

Could you please tell me how to check and opt out?

And what do I need to do to get rid of the 6.4 versions? As soon as I try to reinstall from the Microsoft Store it finds 6.4.... 

• 2 weeks later...

After opting out of the beta, I think I was fine for a day or so. It appears there are newer updates released today/yesterday on iOS and Windows.

I'm now concerned that I may be losing data or the apps not using the correct data from OneDrive. Is there a way to merge without data loss?

After reconnecting OneDrive sync on iOS, I just saw my items number go from 548 to 544 (4 items gone).

This is after "Your sync with OneDrive has been disconnected. Please connect again"

iOS version: 6.4.0 (438)

Windows 10 version: 6.4.0 (632)

Hi @Carlo Mendoza,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Yes. we have released stable version of Enpass 6.4. Please note that Enpass ver 6.4 has a few changes w.r.t implementation of OneDrive sync because we have introduced support for OneDrive for Business. If you're experiencing issues with One-Drive sync, please update Enpass to the latest version on all the devices and disconnect the sync. After disconnecting, set up sync on all the devices with the same OneDrive account, and the data will sync as before. If you have any issues, please follow the help article here.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Carlo Mendoza,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Take a manual backup of the data on both the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on both devices.
  • Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  • Log in to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on both the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please try to open OneDrive in any browser and let us know the size of the vault file(vault.enpassdbsync) in Enpass folder.

Thanks!

On 3/17/2020 at 7:59 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

I had the same trouble and this solution did work for me. Is there anything we did wrong prior to this error or is that a known issue to you @Pratyush Sharma?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:59 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

Thanks! Helped to merge my IOS and Windows vaults again which split up in enpass and enpass 1...

Edited by MarkusFrank

On 3/17/2020 at 3:59 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Carlo Mendoza,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

• Take a manual backup of the data on both the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on both devices.
  • Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  • Log in to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on both the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please try to open OneDrive in any browser and let us know the size of the vault file(vault.enpassdbsync) in Enpass folder.

Thanks!

Hello,

I did everything you said, but still have a problem with onedrive.

The vault.enpassdbsync file size is 769KB.

any solution?

15 minutes ago, Daniel_Daniel said:

Hello,

I did everything you said, but still have a problem with onedrive.

The vault.enpassdbsync file size is 769KB.

any solution?

Well, I changed the cloud from onedrive to google drive and it works for now.

It seems google drive check each permission of every devices but onedrive doesn't.

This could be the main reason of onedrive sync err.