Enpass Discussion Forum

Browser Extension not working in Firefox Nightly (FF57)

niemalsnever

Hi,

unfortunately Enpass currently doesn't work in Firefox Nightly. This might be expected, but I still wanted to make you aware of the issue. Also starting with Firefox 57, Mozilla will change its add-on technology. All add-ons that are not migrated by the time Firefox 57 releases to the public (November 2017) will stop working.

(See also: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-add-technology-modernizing?as=u&utm_source=inproduct)

Browser: Firefox Nightly 57 (2017-08-04) 64-bit
Enpass Version: 5.5.6
Enpass Add-On Version: 5.4.3

Kind regards,

Sven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today came on the beta channel the update to FF 57. And how to imagine Enpass is no longer working. But not only Enpass, also Keefox and Roboform-Light.
I had to downgrade FF, because I do not have a password manager any more.
There is a chance to get the alpha version. I would then reinstall for testing FF 57.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @n8v8r

It seems that you're using the older version of Enpass that doesn't support the Firefox WebExtension. So please update to the latest version of Enpass (5.6.0) and let me know if the problem persists.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Akash Vyas said:

Hey @n8v8r

It seems that you're using the older version of Enpass that doesn't support the Firefox WebExtension. So please update to the latest version of Enpass (5.6.0) and let me know if the problem persists.

Cheers!

Perhaps the Solus repo is a bit sluggish to update packages as it currently includes only v5.5.6. Did update though now through the installer and indeed it is working now.

N.B. Is it planned to release the WE 5.5.x through the official Mozilla channel anytime soon?

• 2 months later...