Enpass Discussion Forum

Onedrive sync broken with latest update

EastCoastResident

Hi @EastCoastResident

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the trouble.

Please note that Enpass ver 6.4 has a few changes w.r.t implementation of OneDrive sync because we have introduced support for OneDrive for Business. If you're experiencing issues with One-Drive sync, please update Enpass to the latest version on all the devices and disconnect the sync. After disconnecting, set up sync on all the devices with the same OneDrive account, and the data will sync as before. If you have any issues, please follow the help article here. Also, you can read our Enpass Blog.

Thanks!

Dear Enpass Team,

I must also say that my system only now allows a direct connection to OneDrive Business on my company laptop. I have set my mobile to my personal OneDrive account which works fine, but my company laptop still automatically connects to the business account. I see a screen flash with the possibility of selecting another account but it disappears so fast I can't click on "use another account".

This needs fixing fast, its a real NO GO!

I'm having the same problem.

On my phone where I have two Office 365 Bussiness accounts and my private I was able to sync to the private drive by going to the microsoft loginpage and log out of the bussiness account and logging in to my private. This did not work on my computer.

There needs to be a way to select with Onedrive account one wants to sync with.

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

One-Drive issue on Windows device-

To investigate further on this issue we want a little input from your side so please take the backup of Enpass data and perform these steps and let me know if the problem persists.

• Download the debug version of Enpass from this link.
  • Now open Enpass --> Settings --> Advanced --> Logs --> Enable it.
  • Now sync with OneDrive. When you receive an error code --> Go to Advanced settings --> Logs --> Copy the Logs in any text editor and share with us.

If you don't have the Windows device, please share the below info at support@enpass.io so that we can investigate the issue better-

• On which device and OS version(mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • How many vaults do you have in Enpass and which all cloud you are using to sync each vault?
  • Which One-Drive account(personal, home, 365, business) are you using?
  • Try to open OneDrive in the browser and check how many folders of Enpass you have?

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi Garima - I know from my point of view I am not receiving any error messages, the sync functions perfectly just we don't have the possibility to choose which OneDrive account we wish to sync to -> that is the issue -> the windows flashes up and disappears -> it defaults to One Drive Business! We need to be able to select which OneDrive we wish to sync to!

Edited by thecrowe
added information

Setting up the sync is a problem here too. I use the standard Onedrive. Setting up the sync to Onedrive from Enpass causes the browsr to open (Firefox). Logging to my Onedrive account works fine BUT control does not return to Enpass. Firefox displays REDIRECT page from Enpass. Nothing happens.

Following the steps from @pallentx works.

On 3/5/2020 at 9:21 AM, EastCoastResident said:

The latest Enpass 6.4.0 on Mac broke OneDrive sync. I have two OneDrive connections: one private and one business. The private one was used for sync, but it forces me to use the OneDrive for Business account with the latest version and that is a no-go. There seems to be no work around for this one.

Yes, this is the same for me. My previous sync was with a Onedrive Personal account (on the phone and desktop). Phone is still synced to onedrive personal but the desktop version force sync to onedrive for business no matter what I do. Hence I get no sync. I cannot use my business account for sync purposes.

On 3/10/2020 at 11:20 PM, RX7 said:

Setting up the sync is a problem here too. I use the standard Onedrive. Setting up the sync to Onedrive from Enpass causes the browsr to open (Firefox). Logging to my Onedrive account works fine BUT control does not return to Enpass. Firefox displays REDIRECT page from Enpass. Nothing happens.

Following the steps from @pallentx works.

I have a similar issue. I am unable to sync to OneDrive personal (Office 365 Home plan) on my Android device (6.4.1.329). On my Windows 10 machine I also have the latest (6.4.0.632) but here I was able to sync (again). I don't have Onedrive for business, only personal.

Upon selecting "OneDrive" from the "restore from Cloud" list, it opens a link in my browser (at login.microsoftonline.com/...) but I immediately get the error message "Unable to restore data due to insufficient access rights". Even after Microsoft authenticates my login and redirects me back to Enpass, the error message persists. I tried the suggestion from @pallentx but it still does not work for me. As said by @RX7, the authentication from Microsoft is NOT received by Enpass app.

I was able to restore over "Wi-Fi" accessing the provided URL on my computer, but that's not ideal since the sync is not enabled. I then tried again to sync to OneDrive, but this time I get the error message "the sync with OneDrive was canceled by the user". Even after authentication on the browser, the error message in the app remains.

Therefore, since the latest version I am no longer able sync to OneDrive on my Android phone.

About the questions from @Garima Singh:

• On which device and OS version(mention all) are you using Enpass?
    Android version 9 PKQ1.180904.001 + Enpass version 6.4.1.329
    Windows 10 version 1909 + Enpass version 6.4.0.632
  • How many vaults do you have in Enpass and which all cloud you are using to sync each vault?
    One and synced to one OneDrive personal.
  • Which One-Drive account(personal, home, 365, business) are you using?
    Office 365 Home plan
  • Try to open OneDrive in the browser and check how many folders of Enpass you have?
    2, "enpass" and "enpass 1" folders. Only "enpass 1"  is being updated when I sync from the desktop.

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by korg250
answer to question from @Garima

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Take a manual backup of the data on both the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on both devices.
  • Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  • Log in to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on both the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please try to open OneDrive in any browser and let us know the size of the vault file(vault.enpassdbsync) in Enpass folder.

Thanks!

Hi @Pratyush Sharma.

I did all the steps but I am still unable to sync my Android app to Onedrive. In fact, no matter which online service I select (onedrive, dropbox, etc), I always get the error message ("Unable to restore data due to insufficient access rights") upon selecting one of them. Even after authentication the error persists.

Should I open a ticket separately to my issue or is this related to the new changes?

Thank you.

Hi @Pratyush Sharma.

Here are the answers:

• Android version 9 (Xiami Redmi Note 5, MIUI Global 11.0.3, Android version 9 PKQ1.180904.001) + Enpass version 6.4.1.329
  • Windows 10 version 1909 (OS build 18363.720) + Enpass version 6.4.0.632

Please note that I only have issues on Android. Enpass for Windows is working fine.

Thank you.

Hi @Pratyush Sharma.

First, I selected "force stop" and then "clear all data". Next, I went to storage and deleted all data. And finally, I uninstalled the app and installed it again from the store.

Upon installing it, I opened and selected "restore existing" > onedrive, and the error message is immediately shown: "unable to restore data due to insufficient access rights". The app opened an authentication link on my browser (firefox), which, after login, redirects back to Enpass app, but the error remains.

If you have any other idea before I reset my whole phone, please let me know.

Thank you.