Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6.4.0.631 no longer starts

SR68503

I have been using Enpass on my Debian 8 workstation since the days of version 5. My desktop environment is KDE 4.14.2. They are still getting LTS updates, and I run updates regularly. When Enpass upgraded to 6.4.0.631, it failed to launch. When I tried launching it in my terminal, I got:

/opt/enpass/Enpass: error while loading shared libraries: libxkbcommon-x11.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So, I figured I'd install the package to give it what it seems to want now. After I installed libxkbcommon-x11-0 I got this output instead:

/opt/enpass/Enpass: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxkbcommon-x11.so.0: no version information available (required by /opt/enpass/Enpass)
/opt/enpass/Enpass: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxkbcommon.so.0: no version information available (required by /opt/enpass/Enpass)
/opt/enpass/Enpass: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3: no version information available (required by /opt/enpass/Enpass)
/opt/enpass/Enpass: relocation error: /opt/enpass/Enpass: symbol dbus_message_get_allow_interactive_authorization, version LIBDBUS_1_3 not defined in file libdbus-1.so.3 with link time reference

I ended up removing Enpass, then installing the older version with:

sudo aptitude install enpass=6.3.3.601

And it launches again. I ran another backup of my vault and put the package on hold for now, but I would like to have any and all security updates in the latest version. How can I get the latest version running?

I am using MX-Linux 18.3 continuum and I used the MX Software Installer and downgraded to Enpass 6.0.0. It's called Enpass Beta in the Package List. I did a little searching around the Enpass site, and, it appears to me that Enpass is either going to a "Pay-to-use" version; or, has already reached that phase. So! Maybe there the problem lies.

Same problem here! When I type the password to open the application it closes. I uninstalled and installed again. I use the latest version 6.4.0.631 and Debian 9. This is the log.

12:49:22 gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x2400006 specified for 0x2400004 (Enpass Set).
12:35:01 gnome-software: 15:35:01:0845 As  failed to rescan: Failed to parse /usr/share/applications/enpass.desktop file: cannot process file of type application/x-desktop
12:35:00 gnome-software: 15:35:00:0254 As  failed to rescan: Failed to parse /usr/share/applications/enpass.desktop.dpkg-new file: cannot process file of type text/plain
12:31:14 Enpass: Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation
12:31:14 Enpass: Case insensitive sorting unsupported in the posix collation implementation
12:31:14 Enpass: QQmlComponent: Created graphical object was not placed in the graphics scene.
12:30:47 Enpass: Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation
12:30:47 Enpass: Case insensitive sorting unsupported in the posix collation implementation
12:30:47 Enpass: QFile::remove: Empty or null file name
12:30:47 Enpass: QQmlComponent: Created graphical object was not placed in the graphics scene.

The last line of the log appears repeatedly.
Another bug, the window 'Crash Report Enpass' keeps opening after sending the report.

Thanks!

Edited by MyLinux
Adding more information

Confirmed on MX Linux 18.3 (Debian 9) I am having same problem.  Application crashes as soon as lancuhed.  

Some problem with the latest update.  please fix 

For anyone that wants to rollback to the previous working version you first need to download the previous package by goin to this link:

https://apt.enpass.io/pool/main/e/enpass/enpass_6.3.3.601_amd64.deb

And after that you can rollback the software by using this command at the terminal:

sudo dpkg -i enpass_6.3.3.601_amd64.deb 

You may see some errors at the command line but it should still work.

Edited by Gwen Prill
added more info

Confirmed on Deepin 15.11 (debian 9)

Rollback : downgrading enpass from 6.4.0.631 to 6.3.3.601 works. Even though it crashed when connecting to password storage provider, relaunching a second time worked okay.

Waiting for a fix for 6.4.

Cheers

Its the same for me since a few days:

oliver@olivers-thinkpad:~$ /opt/enpass/Enpass 

(Enpass:8617): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:1416:24: Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.
QQmlComponent: Created graphical object was not placed in the graphics scene.
QFile::remove: Empty or null file name
Case insensitive sorting unsupported in the posix collation implementation
Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation

LMDE3 (Linux Mint, Debian Stretch) with Cinnamon DE

Can't use Enpass anymore. Its one of my most used applications. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Like I said in my post above if you want to rollback to the previous version with Debian or ubuntu then follow these instructions:

For anyone that wants to rollback to the previous working version you first need to download the previous package by goin to this link:

And after that you can rollback the software by using this command at the terminal:

On 3/15/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mathijs said:

Now Enpass 6.4.0. 631 on my Linux Mint 17.3 has stopped working, I want to go back to the previous working version. Where can I download it?

Its a serious problem now that the operation is failing.

Since I had the repository installed via the instructions here, and I had updated, my system had the older version cached. To see which versions are available for you to install, you can use:

sudo aptitude versions enpass

And then, install the exact version you need using the command in my first post. 

If you don't have aptitude installed, you may be able to do the same with apt-get instead. I like aptitude for reasons that are divergent from this thread, and have not tested other methods, so I cannot speak for them. 

Edited by SR68503

9 hours ago, oliwor said:

Yesterday the Mint Team released LMDE 4 Debby based on Debian Buster. I upgraded my distro and Enpass works again finally.

Debian 10/Buster does not seem to have the issue. But not everyone can upgrade all their systems to Buster right away, and some users may be counting on the LTS support so they can make it to the next time they can upgrade their OS. Stretch continues to receive LTS for another two years, for instance. 

Edited by SR68503

On 15-3-2020 at 19:30, Gwen Prill said:

Like I said in my post above if you want to rollback to the previous version with Debian or ubuntu then follow these instructions:

https://apt.enpass.io/pool/main/e/enpass/enpass_6.3.3.601_amd64.deb will not download 6.3.3.601 but the latest not working 6.4.0.631 version.

But thnx SR68503, 

sudo aptitude install enpass=6.3.3.601

brought my Enpass back to life  :-)

Mathijs

Same result here :
Debian GNU/Linux 9.12 (stretch) -- 4.9.0-11-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.189-3+deb9u2

$ /opt/enpass/Enpass

[...]
QFile::remove: Empty or null file name
Case insensitive sorting unsupported in the posix collation implementation
Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation
Segmentation fault

Sadly went back to the previous version...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

It has been 46 days since the package no longer works on Debian 9.  I ask tech support to please fix this.  Leaving us for over 1 month without a solution is very unfair.  We paid money for this software.   

Version 6.4.1.643 is also broken.  Only  6.3.3.601 is working.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

WTF? As I mentioned in MARCH (5 month! ago) I updated to Buster, where this issue does not occur.

Now you want a statement if an issue that dont effect me since march is resolved? Do you read the stuff you wrote?

But the more important question:

Why do you closed the thread with an actually occuring issue without any reason?

Why dont you ask your question in that thread, instead of closing without comment?

I am a little bit shocked by the nature of your support

Edited by oliwor