Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync Error 1204401

I have a computer with Windows 10, and iPad and an iPhone 7.  Up until last Saturday these were all syncing okay, but now I get:  "Sync Error.  Something went wrong while syncing with cloud. Error Code: 1204401."  Does anyone know what this error code means?

Hi @Hatters,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

To investigate further on this issue we want a little input from your side so please take the backup of Enpass data and perform these steps and let me know if the problem persists.

• Download the debug version of Enpass from this link.
  • Now open Enpass --> Settings --> Advanced --> Logs --> Enable it.
  • Now sync with OneDrive. When you receive an error code --> Go to Advanced settings --> Logs --> Copy the Logs in any text editor and share with us.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 4 weeks later...

(Solved)

Same problem here. No more sync possible between MacBook, iPhone and iPad with Onedrive (not Onedrive for Business) after the last Enpass Update.

Even a disconnect and reconnect did not help.

Error message: "Synchronization error. Password required for the data on Onedrive".

Edited by PiddiW

Hi @PiddiW,

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

1. Take a manual backup of the data on both the devices.
  2. Disconnect the sync on both devices.
  3. Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  4. Log in to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  5. Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on both the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Hi @Claire Laur

Welcome to the forum!

Please disconnect the sync on all the devices that are syncing with the One Drive account. If you already have all the data on the device(s), proceed to the next step.    

• Login to OneDrive on a browser and rename the file inside Enpass folder to old_vaultxxx.sync.
  • Re-connect the sync on all devices with the same One Drive account and check if the issue fixes.    

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Everything worked fine for years, and like all of the above, I cannot sync on One Drive. I also try with Google Drive, it does not work better. 

I try to disconnect, to delete the vault on the cloud, it never helps. Or I can connect from my pc and I have a sync error on my phone, or I can connect with my phone, and I cannot connect from the PC !

Moreover, when I try to reconnect to the cloud, there is a message that says my Enpass main password will be replaced by the cloud password: what a stupid idea ! It means I have to use for my cloud account a password simple enough to type it by hand, I normally use very complex password. It also means that if my cloud password leaks, my Enpass password is also known by the hacker.

So, do you plan to correct these problems ? The sync problem makes Enpass completely unusabel for me as I have several pc's and a phone.

If you cannot correct these fast, can you please tell me what competitor piece of software can import passwords from Enpass and work correctly ? 

Hi @Fabrice Kinnar,

Please share the following details to us on support@enpass.io, so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you getting any error message or code during sync? If yes, share it with us.

Windows 10 PC receiving Error Code 1204400. I've disconnected OneDrive multiple times and reconnected to no avail. I've uninstalled Enpass via control panel and even did a deep uninstall using RevoUninstaller. Rebooted the PC, reinstalled Enpass. Tried an older version as well. Nothing seems to work with this PC to sync. I suspect it to be caused by a user using this computer logging into his personal OneDrive account, and now I cannot reconnect the old account properly. Enpass used to be awesome, and now it is a total waste of time. I've spent hours trying to fix this, and I do not want to disconnect other PCs that are working in fear that they will no longer work if I do that.

Hi @GregT

We will be releasing an updated version of Enpass for desktop in which our Dev team resolved few issues related to One-drive, you can wait for the same and check if the issue occurs with the new update as well. Also,  you can share a little input from your side to investigate further on this issue. To do so, please take the backup of Enpass data and perform these steps and let me know if the problem persists.

• Download the debug version of Enpass from this link.
  • Now open Enpass --> Settings --> Advanced --> Logs --> Enable it.
  • Now sync with One-drive. When you receive an error code --> Go to Advanced settings --> Logs --> Copy the Logs in any text editor and share with us.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 2 months later...

Hi @SuesM,

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Update the Enpass app to the latest version on all the devices.
  • Take a manual backup of the data on both the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on both devices.
  • Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  • Log in to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on both the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

• 2 years later...

I'm having this issue on my Android Phone with Android 13. But there is no way to re-setup the OneDrive connection. Also Manual backup cannot be found. v6.8.7.786

Now What?

Answer: Found it. You have to click the vault and reauthenticate.

Edited by guidorobben
  • Like 1