Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync lost: Password of data on OneDrive is required

Octapus

Hey @Jason ww

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Take a manual backup of the data on both the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on all devices.
  • Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  • Log in to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on all the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

For quick troubleshooting, please follow the above steps. If that doesn't help then we want a little more input from your side, so please take the backup of your Enpass data and perform these steps:

• Disconnect sync from all the devices.
  • Download the debug version of Enpass from this link on your device.
  • Now open Enpass --> Settings --> Advanced --> Logs --> Enable it.
  • Now sync with One-drive. When you receive an error code --> Go to Advanced settings --> Logs --> Copy the Logs in any text editor and share with us on support@enpass.io.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hey @mark chang

Apologies for the trouble you are having.

Our team is unable to reproduce or fix the issue without the log. Please take the backup of your Enpass data and perform these steps:

• Now sync with One-drive. When you receive an error code --> Go to Advanced settings --> Logs --> Copy the Logs in any text editor and share with us on support@enpass.io.

1 hour ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @mark chang

Apologies for the trouble you are having.

Our team is unable to reproduce or fix the issue without the log. Please take the backup of your Enpass data and perform these steps:

Enpass --> Settings --> Advanced  

There is no "logs" on windows10

Hey @mark chang

Sorry for the trouble you are having.

For testing purpose, we need a little input from you side so please take the backup of your Enpass data and perform these steps:

• Download the debug version of Enpass from this link for Windows device.

gosh ! now it's my turn to get this dreaded error...

Password of data on OneDrive, really ? C'mon guys please give us a bit more transparency on what is going on !

Reading "We are working on it", albeit reassuring is getting like reading yesterday newspapers

thanks a lot !

Edited by onescareduser

Same issue for me this evening.

I worked on password re-organization during all weekend.

Saturday and sunday on my home laptop. This afternoon on my work laptop.

This evening I was working on onepass on my mobile S10 (every laptop was turned off) and enpass pop up a message like "master password on onedrive changed, sync error". And stop sync. Don't remember excatly the message, but I'm sure about my master password and no one changed it :-)

I'm syncing 2 laptops and 2 smartphones. very big big big big disaster.

Actually

- vault backup from my mobile using wifi backup and local backup

- valut backup from my work laptop

- removed enpass from my home and work laptop removing also data from onedrive

- removed enpass and enpass_1 folder on onedrive

- removed enpass permission from live.com website

- restart sync from most updated device (my S10 mobile), but I have the same error.

When I try to restart sync, Enpass says that data already exists on onedrive and password don't match.

Message from Italian version "Enapss ha trovato dati preesistenti in onedrive. Per continuare inserisci la password dei dati"

Translated in english It sounds like "Enpass found previuos data on onedrive. To continue, insert data password"

HELP PLEASE this is a very big problem

Best regards

Fabio

5 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hi @Fabio,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?

Thanks!

Hi @Garima Singh, thank for your reply.

These are my assets:

- Home Laptop (ASUS - Windows 10 Pro 2004 build 19041.329 - Enpass 6.43.666.0 > after various tests, is only installed and ready to try new restore from cloud and sync) 

- Work Laptop (DELL - Windows 10 Pro 2004 build 19041.264 - Enpass 6.43.666.0 > vault restored from backup create on my personal mobile, not syncing due to onedrive password error, but vault password is correct )

- Personal Mobile (Samsung S10 SM-G973F - Android 10 QP1A.190711.020.G973FXXS5CTD1- Enpass 6.4.5.368 > My most updated device. Not syncing on onedrive due to password error. For your info, I try to sync on gdrive and it works. But gdrive is not my cloud choice, so I need that onedrive works :-D )

- Work mobile (Samsung S9 SM-G960F Android 10 build QP1A.190711.020.G960FXXS9DTD7- Enpass 6.4.5.368 -  NO RESTORED from S10 file, not syncing on onedrive due to password error). Just tried to re-start sync on onedrive but I receive this error  that in italian is "Errore di sincronizzazione. E' necessaria la password dei dati su OneDrive"

For your info, I've opened a support request with the same question. Ticket nr ECS-14485

Thank for your help

Fabio

Still the same problem reoccurring. :( 

I tried your first solution (disconnection of OneDrive...) and it has only worked two days.>:(

then, thanks to another user, I observed that the vault file got corrupted (size reduced to a few kB). I restored the previous version (the one with a couple of MB), and it worked again.

But, again only for about two days.>:(

there is definitely something that corrupts regularly the synced file on OneDrive.

please, fix the issue 

Hi @Fabio @Alex Gerin @fffffuck,

For testing purpose, we need a little input from you side so please take the backup of your Enpass data and perform these steps:

I have had the same onedrive message asking for new password on my mac. I tried to disconnect the sync with no success. Reading this thread I come to the conclusion that it is better to change the cloud service, so I switched to icloud and sync seems to be fine. Of course this is not a solution to many other users.

I must say that the enpass support on the topic is not helpful. They just keep asking for more details and log-files while offering the same "solution" that never seemed to have worked for anyone. Sorry, but I am a paying customer for a mature product, not a beta-tester. If you don't have a solution yet then please say so and spare us the trouble of trying again and again. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 12:35 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Fabio @Alex Gerin @fffffuck,

Dear Pratyush Sharma, thanks for your reply.

I send all to support :-D

Fabio

I am experiencing the same issue. I have Enpass linked up with my OneDrive across multiple platforms (iOS, Windows PC, and Android). I recently changed my password on OneDrive and the issue appeared to start at that time. Later when I performed the tasks stated previously (disconnect OneDrive from all devices) I getting an error that states the "Master Password is incorrect". 

Please advise! 

Is there a newer beta for MacOS to try? Again today mine had the password issue after working properly for 3 weeks. The only difference is I had rebooted my computer this morning, by this afternoon I had the sync password issue with OneDrive and now it randomly won't let me copy my password, username, etc. from the app when using the copy button next to those fields in one of the entries.

@mark chang yes of course. I'm syncing on gdrive and everything is ok on all my devices except the one I'm using to help Enpass Support to solve onedrive issue. My 'official' cloud service where I have all data is OneDrive. Gdrive and google are not my first choice. I'm syncing there only due to this emergency status.

@AnthonyJT you're right but I paid for Enpass :-D and most important, I like it. I work in a software house and I know the importance of data get from debugger :-D

• Like 1