Enpass Discussion Forum

Passwordgenerator changes password everytime i do something

grimneko

Title might sounds a bit irritating, but let me describe my trouble. I am using Enpass 6.4.1 (642) on my Mac (10.15.4). When I was adding a new entry I encountered a strange behaviour while generating the password for the new service. Each time I hit "copy to clipboard" to transport the password over to the form in my browser to apply it, Enpass reacted as if I was pressing the "refresh" button. This is quite annoying since the fill button then transport the wrong password over to the entry. Got myself blocked already at my cloud provider for trying to reset my password too often due this error.

Also it seems also to happen if I say fill, he fills the entry with a different password then the generator showed me. Just figured this while I was confirming my find during the writing of this thread. Seems the recent version broke something ? Or is the error sitting in front of the screen ?

Update:

Seems 6.4.1 introduced the bug, on a different Mac with still 6.4.0 installed I can't reproduce the behaviour.

Edited by grimneko
adding additional information on the version starting the error

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...