Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't autofill 3 fields

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The best solution would be to implement a "learning feature" where form fields can be graphical selected or skipped, to have an internal map for key=>id of the form elements.
I have seen this with another passwortmanager. I cannot remember the app because I've tested a lot (maybe it was Dashlane) and this works great.

Bring this to another level means to have a complete internal map of all key values from Enpass to a id/name of a form element. If there is also some kind of searchlist to allow different id/names (a list with alternative names which can be used in the regular expression to find a matching form element), this opens the door to complete form filling app (and would be amazing) ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1

I also tried all different combinations of field types for 3 fields

the three as defined by the network are a textual username password (both of these work) , and a numeric ID (which does't, no matter how i define that field).

what happens is that the username is filled, but instead of the ID (i also tried rearranging their order inside Enpass)

i also deleted the saved login in firefox before all of these tests

Edited by playmobilmeister

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. But the good news is we have already improved autofill functionality to autofill in more than two fields including identities, in the latest beta version of Enpass 6. If you're willing to try out our latest beta version of Enpass and extension then you can download it from our website.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

@Anshu kumar

Can you please confirm the following?

• Does Enpass 6 work with existing Mobile and Browser Extensions? On Vivaldi the extension tells me I am using an "old" desktop application. Obviously this is not the case.
  • When syncing to an existing location, amendments do not sync across devices looking at the same location (folder) or mobile application. Does Enpass 6 use a different file/location methodology to deploy?

I currently cannot use Enpass 6 due to this which is a shame as I need more than 2 fields auto-filling.

Hey @CeePeeBee

On 12/10/2018 at 3:51 PM, CeePeeBee said:

Does Enpass 6 work with existing Mobile and Browser Extensions?

Yes.

On Vivaldi the extension tells me I am using an "old" desktop application. Obviously this is not the case.

Please install the latest Enpass extension of Enpass 6 from this link.

• When syncing to an existing location, amendments do not sync across devices looking at the same location (folder) or mobile application. 

I don't understand your point so please elaborate the scenario bit more.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I still can't Autofill 3 fields.

I now have enpass 6.0.2 after having reinstalled enpass + the latest Firefox add-on. I cleared the existing item both in Enpass and in the firefox logins and started from scratch. the 3 fields were captured correctly by Enpass but Autofilling doesn't work. Autosubmit Login is on and i didn't allow firefox to save the login to this site

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had the same problem, but found the solution. I am using 6.0.6. In my case I had an existing card en what I did is go to the website, fill in the fields manually and then I saved the form again form the Assistant. It asked for update the existing, what I did. The there was a Button called [Webform] which holds the additional info. Now if I go to the website it will fill in all 3 fields.

Stupid that they did not mentioned it in the release notes!.

• 2 weeks later...

I also cannot get auto fill to work with multiple fields.  Just updated to version 6.0.6 (323).  I do not see the button Sunny mentioned.  Tried creating a new entry using the Frequent flier template and adding the field under log in details.  Still no luck. 

The site is aa com

It requires :

AAdvantage # or username

Last name

Password 

Thanks for any help or direction to a user guide

• 1 month later...

Recently i updated my android app to latest version of enpass but after update enpass cant auto fill the details in any website i have to manually copy and paste them into the browser or in app.. so kindly note this issue and fix them as soon as possible ...  and also add app uninstall protection for better security in case of android...

• 1 year later...

This was so hard to figure out for me - hopefully the screenshots help you understand it. They should really make some videos to explain the features.

Ok, so first thing to understand - you CAN'T create a MANUAL mapping of form element/id to extra fields directly (from the main app).

To create -
1. You need to initiate it by going to the webpage with form, filling in the values and then opening the Enpass assistant (popup). (Like image 1)
2. Now click on the dropdown in assistant and it'll show a extra menu item - "Save webform". That'll capture the mapping and field value.

If you want to verify the value or change it later on, 
3. Go to the full app and find that login item. Here, you'll see a extra "Show webform" button (Like image 2). Click that to see extra fields.
4. Here, you'll see all the extra field values first and then a mapping below that. You can change the value here.

Image 1 - (Capture webform)

343342632_Screenshot2020-10-24at12_27_15PM.png.c6fb0d5f7e22145985c09238d0b1ca61.png

Image 2 - (View/edit webform values)

1022245272_Screenshot2020-10-24at12_27_30PM.thumb.png.c5ab3c4454ac70b58ece82aa08a2c131.png

Hope it helps.

Edited by btr