Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass stopped syncing with OneDrive due to bad master password?

Rojma

I actually have not had the problem in a few weeks (knock on wood). I was originally on 6.4.1 (642) when I was having the problem, and I am now on 6.4.2 (662). Don't know if the issue was fixed in 6.4.2 (662) but I have not had the issue in a while after having it at least weekly (and sometimes more) before.

49 minutes ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Lürgen,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

We are working on this issue, and hopefully fix will be in the next update. Till then, we will request you to please co-operate with us.

Thanks!

Well I guess its not fixed yet then and I have just been lucky.

Hi @Pratyush Sharma

Thank for you new release but the issue is not solved on my setup.

I am using Windows App over 2 PC, iOS app on my mobile, and 2 Android App for my tablet and Pro Mobile...

Despite the lateste update on all the device (6.4.3 (666)Windows App) I still can't connect to OneDrive from EnPass. I got the error Wrong Password despite the passord is correct when I connect to OneDrive directly on the webbroswer.

I have decided to change the Synch Method and use Google Drive instead mean while you can have more time to fix the OneDriev issue.

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 2:44 PM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @sacha

Welcome to then forum!

Sorry for the trouble you are going through. Our team is working on it. Thanks for providing us the time to fix this issue. Will notify once we receive any update from the Dev team. Thanks.

I got this problem again for the third time on all my machines. So the Problem is not solved. It is getting really annoying. What is the status?

Edited by MioMio

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, is there any update on this new fix? I am on 6.4.3 (666) and having the same issue on my Windows 10 and Android devices. I did nothing different, one day it just started giving me this error and I can no longer sync with OneDrive on my PC or phone. 

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your feedback of beta version. I have forwarded your inputs to the concerned team. We understand the inconvenience you are having with this and apologies for the same. Please co-operate with us a little more.

@Nic Will soon be releasing an updated stable version of Enpass(v6.5.0), currently the updated version is in beta. Please stay tuned for the same and share your findings with us.

Thanks for understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Justin Chase

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the inconvenience.

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be-

• On which all device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Did you start facing this issue recently - like after an Enpass update, or did you face the same problem earlier as well?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on the Windows device and Android device?
  • Please share a screenshot of the error message or code?

Thanks.

I got the latest update on my Android phone (6.5.1.399) and set up the sync with OneDrive again (I had turned off the sync when this issue started so that I did not have to deal with the error constantly). I am still getting the same error that my password is incorrect for the data on OneDrive. This update appears not to have fixed the issue for me. I have Android 9 on a SONY phone. My Windows 10 Surface still has the error and has no updates to the app as of yet.

ADD:  I do not get the option to delete data as it states in the update notes, only disconnect. I tried disconnecting after my initial attempt but there is no option to delete data. Reconnecting results in the same error.

Edited by Nic
Additional information on my attempts

Hey @Nic

We are extremely sorry for the trouble you have been facing from a long time.

Please follow the below steps to restore:

• Take a manual backup of all the Enpass data on all the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync that are synced with one-drive on all devices.
  • Remove all the Enpass folders from the One-Drive account.
  • Login to the site using this link with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with One-drive on all the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Thanks for the co-operation.

Hi @Garima Singh

I followed these steps and it worked on the second attempt. It appeared there was an "Enpass 1" folder on my OneDrive as well the regular Enpass folder, but once I also removed that folder and followed the steps it appears to be working on my Surface and my phone. I also noticed today that Enpass app on my Surface was updated to 6.5.0 (700), my phone is at 6.5.1.399.

Thank you for the assistance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 7:09 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Nic

We are extremely sorry for the trouble you have been facing from a long time.

• Login to the site using this link with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with One-drive on all the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Thanks for the co-operation.

Is the recommended fix for EVERYONE now?  Or is there going to be a release that will fix this without me having to do this on all 8 devices I use?  

If this is the way it needs to be fixed for everyone who has the problem, then it shouldn't be buried away on a forum post, you need to make it a FAQ or a support article so people can find it easily. 

Hey @Richard G

We have resolved this issue in the Enpass version 6.5.0. Please follow the steps you quoted above. Also, I have noted your request to make it a FAQ or a support article so that everyone can find it easily. Thanks!

Note- Make sure you have taken backup of Enpass data and deleted Enpass/Enpass 1 folder while removing folder from one-drive account.

Has this problem been fixed?  I have followed the instructions given above and reproduced below.   I first reconnected with my phone as it has the most current data.   It doesn't create an Enpass folder on OneDrive though.  It puts a vault file in the OneDrive root directory.   It says "personal vault" which is actually a shortcut file but there is no Enpass folder..    When I use the desktop to sync it creates an Enpass folder.    Why are these two devices not going to the same place for syncing?   My desktop is now way out of date.   My phone is my only copy of the data.  How do I fix this?   

• Login to the site using this link with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with One-drive on all the devices and check

On 9/28/2020 at 6:10 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Glen2,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?

Thanks for your co-operation.

On the PC (which I suspect is where the problem is) I have windows up to date and it's version 5.5.7  I haven't received any notifications to update .  I just tried to update it but it won't update from the windows store as it says it's already installed.

On my Android phone which has the most passwords, It's version 6.5.2.404 

Edited by Glen2