Enpass Discussion Forum

Keyword after adding one new fingerprint

Christian Düss

Hey,

I refreshed one fingerprint (because washing the hands of corona more often - they had hard time to read finger) and now I can not open enpass, because I do not remember the masterkeyword.

Enpass blocks it because of adding a new finger... It would have been good to be informed by Samsung or enpass before ading a new finger that enpass will not work after donig so...

Is there a possibility to take of the new fingerprint out of samsung or to let me send a new password. There are all my new passwords and I have no access to them...  URGEND help needed!

(Samsung Mobile Phone 9)

Hi @Christian Düss,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to inform you that there is no way to access your Enpass data(backup data or synced data) without your master password and if you have forgotten or lost your master password, all your data is lost.

For Enpass, the security of your data is of utmost priority. Your master password is not saved anywhere. So there are no backdoor to access your data and we can't help you get it back since it's encrypted with your master password. This is to ensure the best and optimum security for your confidential data. To use Enpass again, you need to reset it on your device and start a new database afresh.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Christian Düss,

Thanks for writing back in.

Sorry to inform you that there is no way to access your data without your master password and if you have forgotten your password, all your data is lost. If you are able to access all your data on any other device then only we can help you to restore the data.

To use Enpass again, you need to reset it on your device and start new database afresh.