Enpass Discussion Forum

Any Chance for Windows xp support?

Maxsi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 8:17 AM, Kashish said:

@Maxsi

You could try installing Enpass version 6 on XP and share the results. We haven't tried it at our end though. Make sure you give Enpass portable ver 6 a try if the installation of standard Enpass doesn't work on XP. Download Enpass portable from here.

Enpass standard could be installed but when it is run after installation it gives this error  "is not valid win32 application". Portable version also give same error.

enpass1.png

enpass2.png

Edited by Maxsi

Hey @Maxsi

Thanks for writing back.

Please follow the below steps and share the findings with us-

1. Extract EnpassPortable v6 zip and go to "EnpassPortable_6.x.x\Windows\Program Files\VCRuntimeDlls.zip"
  2.  Now Extract contents from folder VCRuntimeDlls.zip and copy all the dlls.
  3. Paste dlls in the folder "EnpassPortable_6.x.x\Windows\Program Files\" where EnpassPortable.exe already exists.
  4. Now try running the EnpassPortable.exe

If the problem persists, please revert us back.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Maxsi

Thanks for writing back.

Please follow the below steps and share the findings with us-

1. Extract EnpassPortable v6 zip and go to "EnpassPortable_6.x.x\Windows\Program Files\VCRuntimeDlls.zip"
  2.  Now Extract contents from folder VCRuntimeDlls.zip and copy all the dlls.
  3. Paste dlls in the folder "EnpassPortable_6.x.x\Windows\Program Files\" where EnpassPortable.exe already exists.
  4. Now try running the EnpassPortable.exe

If the problem persists, please revert us back.

Thanks.

Same error, see photo

enpass3.png

1 hour ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Maxsi

Sorry to hear that.

Could you please try the solutions provided here and if the problem persists, please share the exact version of Windows device so that we can try reproducing this issue at our end.

Thanks.

One of the solution is talking about “IDA ATA/ATAPI controllers.”  In my case I can't change Device 1 "Current Transfer Mode", not sure if it is related to the issue. Other solutions don't apply.

My windows is Windows XP pro version 2002 service pack 3.

enpass4.png

3 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Maxsi

Thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, we don't have any plans to support Windows XP in the near future. Even though Microsoft has already ended support for it which have mentioned in this link.

Thanks for the understanding.

That's unfortunate. As mentioned above 5.6.9 is working fine on my win xp but the IOS app on my iPhone started to glitch after latest IOS updates.

I might to re-consider other options now.

22 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Maxsi,

Could you please share some more detail of the issue along with the Enpass version so that we can assist you better. A screenshot of the issue, if possible would be great.

Thanks.

I'm using the old IOS version 5.6.1. It was working fine but I noticed after the latest IOS updates sometimes it does not autofill, so I have to do it manually copy paste. This is why I made this request here because I was thinking to update my IOS app to 6 but before to do that it should work on my windows xp. But now as this post I will not update my IOS app.

Edited by Maxsi