Enpass Discussion Forum

website detection Firefox+Android

Ryan

The keyboard autofill works great on Android in Chrome and in dedicated apps like Amazon and eBay, but in Firefox I just get the full list of my passwords to search through. This is a nice fallback, but I hope you will consider giving full support to Firefox on Android in the future.

Edited by Ryan
typo

Hi @Ryan

Enpass autofill works only with those browser which provides accessibility events. This technical limitation is preventing us from autofilling in other browsers (Firefox, in your case ) and thats why you've to search and fill the details. You can also manually fill the logins in Firefox by using Enpass Keyboard.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Anshu kumar,

I'm currently testing enpass on my desktop and phone, I think it's quite good already so well done. But Firefox android integration is also for me very important. I understand the technical limitation of the autofill, but porting the extension would be very helpful already. It should be possible, Lastpass extension also works in mobile.

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Meh, I'm kind of over this. I switched from 1Password even though it's nicer because it seemed like the Enpass devs were actually interested in adding new features and platforms and responding to user feedback. I would have happily pay bounties on this and other issues if that were an option (always felt bad about absurdly cheap enpass is).

I'm switching back to 1Password. If I'm going to deal with unresponsive developers either way I'll take the better and more powerful tool.

Hi Guys,

As I have stated earlier

On 30/05/2016 at 3:48 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Enpass autofill works only with those browsers which provides accessibility events. This technical limitation is preventing us from autofilling in other browsers (Firefox, in your case ).

Moreover our dev team is already looking into an alternative method that will allow us to support Firefox. In the meantime, you can manually fill the logins in Firefox by using Enpass Keyboard.

Thanks for your understanding!