Enpass Discussion Forum

Apple watch double click for accessing enpass app

Lele D.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

After the great "full" Touch ID Support implementation on macOS, the Apple watch double click Enpass authentication will be a new great enhancement. Especially when your Macbook lid is closed and you'll have no access to the TouchID Sensor. That for me often the case. 

Thanks for the best Passwort Manager in the App Store!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @manolo4711 & @spn

Thanks for writing in and sharing your views.

To unlock Enpass using Apple-watch is already in our to-do list and will be available with the future version of Enpass. Please co-operate with us for the time-being. Thanks!

It seems that you have implemented this feature in version 6.6.0, but only for Macs supporting Touch ID. When will this feature be supported on Macs without Touch ID? I would think these are the Macs where this feature is more interesting than on Macs that already have Touch ID for quick unlocking of Enpass.

Just tested the updated version that adds Apple Watch support.

First of all, thanks a lot for taking our feedback into consideration and working on that feature :)

Unfortunately, the way it currently works does not solve my problem. Whenever I have my laptop's lid closed, the Touch ID gets disabled. In that situation, I am not getting a prompt on my Watch - it works only when the lid is open, and in that case Touch ID is just as convenient as Watch, if not more.

In contrast, when I am unlocking something in System Preferences, with lid open I can use both Touch ID and Watch to approve the unlock request (so just like in Enpass), but with lid CLOSED I still can use Apple Watch, even though Touch ID is inaccessible and disabled. And that makes a ton of difference in terms of usability.

Hope this is an easy fix for you, guys.

Once again, I appreciate your hard work on making Enpass better!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...