Enpass Discussion Forum

Extra menu option is system tray for opening main window

Marc

Now restore only opens a small "quick search/access" window, not the main window. I have to do an extra action by opening the right bottom pull down menu to choose the "Show Enpass" menu option. Too many clicks for my taste.

It would be nice to have "Show Enpass" (= open main window) directly in the system tray menu.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your suggestion. We have already implemented this functionality in the upcoming version. It works as Follow:

When Enpass Extension is Enable:

• With a single click, it will display Enpass Helper.
  • With double click, it will display Main Enpass App.

When Enpass Extension is Disable:

• It will display Main Enpass App.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anshu, I'm not sure what you mean by "double click"... When Enpass is unlocked and "minimized to System Tray", we need to click the notification area icon, click the down-pointing arrow and click Show Enpass to display the main window.

That's 3 (4 if the icon is hidden) separate single clicks, not a double click. It's also too easy to mistakenly click Quit Enpass instead of Show Enpass.

Please do implement a double-click of the Enpass notification area icon to show the main window, and add an option for a (user-settable) global keyboard shortcut to show the main window.

Thank you for your consideration!

Hi @Monyker

Sorry for the confusion! The suggested feature Double-click of the Enpass notification area icon to show the main window is already implemented and will be available in upcoming version.

Regarding your feature request Add an option for a (user-settable) global keyboard shortcut to show the main Window is already in our roadmap and will be available in future version.

Hope this helps.

• 8 months later...

@Anshu kumar Any update on a global shortcut for opening Enpass? Often what I find is when the browser extension doesn't work, or when I need to input passwords into a field not inside a browser I reach for cmd-option-\, but it doesn't work in enpass! Moving the focus up to the taskbar to open enpass or change focus by launching the full application enpass is kinda an awful workflow, pretty please can we can an update on global shortcut key?

• 1 month later...

Is this feature considered for the Mac version too? Currently, if I only have the menu icon visible, in order to open the Enpass main window I have to:

1. Click menu bar icon; the mini Enpass opens

2. Click on the tiny triangle button

3. Select "Show Enpass" in the small pop-up menu.

While agree that quitting Enpass should be well hidden and not easy to click accidentally, "Show Enpass" should be a button next to the (much less frequently used) password generation and lock buttons in the mini Enpass window.