Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass on my Mac lost the connection to iCloud Drive

Tranel

Hi,

This is an old thread, so pardon me if you’ve tried these things recently…

1. 6.7.2 is not the latest version of Enpass for Mac. Try upgrading to 6.7.4. 
2. Remove iCloud syncing from your vault, remove the copy in iCloud if needed. Then set up syncing to iCloud again. 
3. When asked to authenticate, let Safari launch. You will be asked via a special drop-down sheet if you want to log in with the currently active iCloud account. Make sure you don’t log in that way. Refusing will present the standard login screen for your iCloud account. Make sure you check the box to remember this login and then log into the appropriate iCloud account. 
4. Once authenticated and passed back to Enpass, you should remain logged in unless your iCloud password is changed or you invalidate logged in sessions or you have some process that cleans up files related to Enpass in the background or you are logged into a guest account. 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 11:30 PM, Discordant said:

Hi,

This is an old thread, so pardon me if you’ve tried these things recently…

1. 6.7.2 is not the latest version of Enpass for Mac. Try upgrading to 6.7.4. 
2. Remove iCloud syncing from your vault, remove the copy in iCloud if needed. Then set up syncing to iCloud again. 
3. When asked to authenticate, let Safari launch. You will be asked via a special drop-down sheet if you want to log in with the currently active iCloud account. Make sure you don’t log in that way. Refusing will present the standard login screen for your iCloud account. Make sure you check the box to remember this login and then log into the appropriate iCloud account. 
4. Once authenticated and passed back to Enpass, you should remain logged in unless your iCloud password is changed or you invalidate logged in sessions or you have some process that cleans up files related to Enpass in the background or you are logged into a guest account. 

Hi!

Okay i have done that now. We will see if it stays logged in.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Seems like that this solved my problems! Thank you very much

Edit2: Nope since yesterday I got this problem again.....

Edited by truehumandesign
Problem not solved

• 10 months later...

Enpass is the only app with this problem. It is also the only app which creates its own session through a web browser. Why doesn't it use the operating system's APIs to access iCloud like every other app? This problem only exists because Enpass uses iCloud in a way it isn't meant to be used. Normally, if the Mac is properly connected with an Apple ID, applications don't need any additional authentication at all to access iCloud.

23 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Bachsau

For security reasons, your iCloud session expires periodically. If you are facing this concern, kindly refer to the steps in this link.

This doesn't work for long and I told you why. As I already said, Enpass is the only app with this problem. iCloud sessions do not expire for other apps or Enpass on iOS. If you would access the iCloud the same way on macOS as you do on iOS, this problem would not exist.

Maybe the way you access the iCloud is the only way on Windows and Linux, but at least on macOS you should access it by means of the operating system.

Edited by Bachsau

On 11/3/2022 at 12:02 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Please share the version of the Enpass app, OS and browser you are using with me.

In this case it was Enpass 6.8.4 from the Mac App Store on macOS 10.15.7 (older iMac). The Browser is Safari 15.6.1, but as I said, you normally don't need a browser login on macOS at all to access iCloud.

Hi @Bachsau

We are looking into the reported concern.

In the meantime, could you please check and confirm if you are registered on your Mac device from the same Apple ID as the one used to connect to iCloud in Enpass? Also, please ensure once that the sign-in with apple Id permissions are not revoked for Enpass in Apple ID settings.

SI-3004

Yes, I was using the same Apple ID for Enpass that is configured in the system settings, and I would like to state that this wasn't in question if Enpass accessed the iCloud through the operating system's APIs, as it would obviously use that same connection without even asking for a login.

"Sign-in with Apple" is not used by Enpass, so it can't be revoked. That single sign-in service is for third-party user accounts, not apps. If you meant to ask if the iCloud and the switch to allow Enpass to use the iCloud is enabled in system settings, the answer is yes.