Enpass Discussion Forum

Bug: Enpass generate password and fill

Brent Yang

Enpass version: 6.4.1.643

Windows 10 1809 17763.1158

How to reproduce the bug:

1. Open an password field web page in Chrome (I'm using 81.0.4044.92) with Enpass extension installed:
https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/components/forms/

2. Right click on the password field, click "Enpass".

3. Click generate password

4. Click fill

5. Open console in Chrome DevTools

6. run

$('#exampleInputPassword1').val()

to get the password just filled

7. compare it with password generator history, and it's different from what just filled!

I reinstalled 6.4.0 and it works fine.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I think this is what i discovered after a few days of use. Very worried that such simple and crucial bug has slipped through and has not been fixed after a month. 
This seriously makes me wonder about the test quality of the code.

The same bug happens even when using the copy button....

11 hours ago, vampyren said:

Hi,

I think this is what i discovered after a few days of use. Very worried that such simple and crucial bug has slipped through and has not been fixed after a month. 
This seriously makes me wonder about the test quality of the code.

The same bug happens even when using the copy button....

So I switched to Bitwarden. Much better design (both UI and underlying logic), and it's totally free with all features if you host a server yourself (bitwarden_rs the rust server api implementation).

Edited by Brent Yang
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brent Yang said:

So I switched to Bitwarden. Much better design (both UI and underlying logic), and it's totally free with all features if you host a server yourself.

Thank you. Will look into it as well. I must say i like the features of Enpass but i'm in doubt about the quality and update frequency. Simple things like what we reported cant take 1 month. I'm in software development and with agile teams hell weekly delivery is a thing now. I mean basic functionality that is broken must be fixed fast. 

By the way this is a huge huge plus:
Bitwarden is a 100% open source password manager

Edited by vampyren

Sure. 

Can you also add another annoying issue please.

When you open the Enapss through the icon in notification and hover the mouse over items it shows they are selected but you can not right click on them. 
First i have to left-mouse click before right click works in order to copy password. Why the extra click? Its much more convenient to simply hover the mouse over a item and right click. 

Hey @vampyren

Thanks for writing back.

19 hours ago, vampyren said:

When you open the Enapss through the icon in notification and hover the mouse over items it shows they are selected but you can not right click on them.

You can right-click on the item while hovering the mouse without even clicking left mouse click. Also, I would like to share that copy password with a single click from mini window (with a button or with double click) feature request has been already been aligned for implementation so that users don't have to first right click to an entry and then need to click on "copy password"

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @vampyren

Thanks for writing back.

You can right-click on the item while hovering the mouse without even clicking left mouse click. Also, I would like to share that copy password with a single click from mini window (with a button or with double click) feature request has been already been aligned for implementation so that users don't have to first right click to an entry and then need to click on "copy password"

Thanks.

Sorry but it dont work all to well. I can make it work but its very buggy/clunky. I literally have to move the mouse on several items and right click 10-15 times before one item gets "activated" or going to blue color at which point the right click will work. 

But no it dont work right away after opening the mini windows. 

By the way if i double click on an item it will open a tab in my browser so i dont see what you mean? 

One additional thing i notice now is also that i get logged out from iCloud once in a while. Is there a way to make it last? A bit annoying to every second day login. 

Hey @vampyren

Thanks for writing back.

3 hours ago, vampyren said:

Sorry but it dont work all to well. I can make it work but its very buggy/clunky. I literally have to move the mouse on several items and right click 10-15 times before one item gets "activated" or going to blue color at which point the right click will work. 

But no it dont work right away after opening the mini windows. 

I would like to share that your suggestion has been noted and forwarded to the concerned team.

3 hours ago, vampyren said:

One additional thing i notice now is also that i get logged out from iCloud once in a while. Is there a way to make it last? A bit annoying to every second day login. 

We've released an updated version of Enpass. Could you update the app to the latest version and let us know if you're still encountering the same issue with the app? If the problem persists, please refer this link and share the findings in case the issue occurs again.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @vampyren

Thanks for writing back.

Thanks.

Ok i thought you meant its already working in the mini window. SO its a feature that is not working now.

On the main window yes it works to just right click but on mini window its buggy. Strangely enough it works after many tries but not reliably. 
Then we wait for the update. Thanks for info. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 3:54 PM, Garima Singh said:

We've released an updated version of Enpass. Could you update the app to the latest version and let us know if you're still encountering the same issue with the app? If the problem persists, please refer this link and share the findings in case the issue occurs again.

Thanks.

I'm testing the new version now. Hope it solves the iCloud issue. I also checked the box to keep logged in. Hope it works. 

• Like 1