Enpass Discussion Forum

BUG: Enpass CSV Import to "Other Miscellaneous" Adds empty "Field 1" and "Field 2"

Importing a Pre-formatted CSV as "Other Miscellaneous" Adds empty Fields "Field 1" and "Field 2" to ALL imported items.

I am guessing this is because the built-in template for "Other Miscellaneous" has "Field 1" and "Field 2" as generic Fields to "get you started"??? I believe removing these Fields from the "Other Miscellaneous" Template would resolve this issue.

Using: Enpass 6.4.2 (632)

On a side note: it would be nice to be able to select a Custom Template for importing items. B|

screenshot.png.ac10f74251c108e4f124a3af034d47a7.png

Edited by bu11etpr00f

@Garima Singh

I am reporting a bug. Please do not mark this thread as being "answered" simply because you referenced my added feature request to import using a custom template...

Please re-read my post. I AM using the Desktop version of Enpass...the only version allowing you to "import from a Pre-formatted CSV". Again, the issue / bug is:

• When importing a Pre-formatted CSV as "Other Miscellaneous" Enpass Desktop ADDS empty Fields "Field 1" and "Field 2" to ALL imported items.

Hey @bu11etpr00f

Please check if there are any two heading fields named as "Field1 and Field 2" in the imported file.

Also recheck the file to ensure that there is no any Heading column without any data in it. If present(empty field), please remove those fields and import the same file. (Just like the attached screenshot, there is field name "Field 5" which is empty).

Thanks.

misc.png

@Garima Singh

I listed the Enpass version I am using in my original post (6.4.2 (632)). I am using macOS 10.15.

No, there is not "any two heading fields named as "Field1 and Field 2" in the imported file".

I have attached a screenshot of sample header for items I have imported.

Please test this and duplicate this for yourself. Use any template you like, and import it as "Other Miscellaneous". It'll import your data correctly, and afterwards, if you go to edit an imported item, you will see the empty Fields "Field 1" and "Field 2". I have done this several times with the same results.

For obvious reasons, my screenshot does not have any actual data below each column. B|

screenshot.thumb.png.8a78cf4f286c3df766a30c6cdc2d9e5e.png

Edited by bu11etpr00f