Enpass Discussion Forum

Default Vault

Hi all,

i am wondering if its possible to change the default vault in the MAC app?

When i start Enpass under my Wife's Account, she always must type in the master password from my vault (thats the default vault)

Thanks for your help,

Peter

Edited by DeluxeAssi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

got the same problem.

By the way, much nicer it would be, to offer a selection to which vault you like to open when starting enpass.

Last but not least I could create an backup from the default vault, but I was not able to import that backup in a fresh created  vault vault. Did I do somethng wrong, or did I miss somethng?

Any help how to do so? My plan was to create two new vaults inside the default vault and access them seperate. The default vault would stay nearly empty in this process.

Thx

Stef

Hello,

I also join in your request, I had already done it more than a month ago (I attach link). It would be nice to manage vaults independently, so that if I want to create one for bank access and one for websites, I only unlock what I need and not all vaults. I think it's a smarter and safer way.

Hopefully it will be evaluated by the development team and implemented.

PS. for moderators, there is no place to see what you are working on, so that we don't always ask the same things, that maybe you are already working on them.

Thanks

Edited by sixdas

Hey @sixdas @Stefan Weber

Thanks for using Enpass and writing to us.

We really appreciate you for exploring the app and giving time in finding this valuable suggestion. The suggestion has been noted and forwarded to the development team for further consideration.

19 hours ago, Stefan Weber said:

Last but not least I could create an backup from the default vault, but I was not able to import that backup in a fresh created  vault vault. Did I do somethng wrong, or did I miss somethng?

Any help how to do so? My plan was to create two new vaults inside the default vault and access them seperate. The default vault would stay nearly empty in this process.

@Stefan Weber Please follow this method to restore the backup file of the vault you created and saved locally-

• Open Enpass> Go to ‘Enpass settings’ --> Tap on 'Vaults'--> Create a new vault by clicking on '+' --> Click on ‘Local storage’ under Backup file --> Select the location and folder of file(which you saved locally) --> Click on Continue --> Enter master password (same you using previously)--> Tap on 'Continue'.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi all,

I played  a bit with the vaults. There is one thing which is not as good as I expected and as it should be (from my point of view).

Lets explain it:

I like to use different vault for my wife and for myself. This also implies that I use different passwords for different vaults.

This works, but both must knew the master password and with the master password you could lookup the passwords for all additional vaults.  -- That's a big problem!

This makes the extra password for any additional vault meaningless!

Could you fix this? You got the possibility to store the vault passwords within the default vault (if you want), so there is no need for this functionality.

Best regard and stay healthy

Stef

Edited by Stefan Weber

Yes it is also fundamental for me, I am waiting to make the exchange from lastpass, until they add this functionality we have asked for this functionality too, they have accepted the request, but I don't think they are working on it.

Some of the staff could update us, maybe if there is a log on what you are working on, so that we don't always ask the same thing it would be fantastic

thanks

By the way, I forgot to mention, there is one other problem and I hope you may help me with it.

All entries in additional vaults are accessable from the default vault, without asking for a password (even it is not stored in the default vault).

Is there a way to force asking for a password of the additional vault when accessing an additional vault?

Best

Stef