Enpass Discussion Forum

Copy without spaces

tendim

I came over to enpass.io from DataValut, and DataVault had a great feature to "copy without spaces".  E.g. if you have your bank card number in DataVault, "1234 5678 9901 1123", "Copy without spaces" would copy "1234567899011123" into the clipboard instead of "1234 5678 9901 1123".  This was fantastic as it kept numbers more human-readable in DataVault, but allowed them to be keyed without spaces as is required by many sites.

Can this be added to enpass.io?

On 4/21/2020 at 6:36 PM, tendim said:

I came over to enpass.io from DataValut, and DataVault had a great feature to "copy without spaces".  E.g. if you have your bank card number in DataVault, "1234 5678 9901 1123", "Copy without spaces" would copy "1234567899011123" into the clipboard instead of "1234 5678 9901 1123".  This was fantastic as it kept numbers more human-readable in DataVault, but allowed them to be keyed without spaces as is required by many sites.

Can this be added to enpass.io?

Another way of slicing this would be to have an input mask of some kind for numbers usually broken up, such as credit cards and SSNs.

I'd love something like this as well.

I like to store credit card numbers with spaces for easy readability, but so many websites cannot handle a credit card number entered with spaces. I've had to work around this by storing a 'no spaces' copy of the credit card number in another field that I specifically use for this purpose.