Enpass Discussion Forum

PC V 6.4.1 - Password Generator crashes with new feature "symbols must contain"

Rudi

Dear ENPASS-Team,

First of all: ENPASS is great! Unfortunately, in my new version 6.4.1. on Windows 10 (latest release) the password generator crashes when you select the new feature "password must include the following symbols". The error is reproducible on my two Windows 10 devices (PC and Microsoft Surface). I also forwarded several crash reports to the EPAS team yesterday. The old feature "exclude symbols" works fine. The error occurs with both the storeversion and the traditional version. Is an update planned?

Cheers

Rudi

Edited by Rudi
Typing error

On 4/28/2020 at 10:48 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Rudi & @shiQzaL,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Our dev team is working on this issue and hopefully a fix will be available subsequent update. Till then, we will request you to please co-operate with us.

Any news in this matter?

You have to try again and again to generate a password after the crash (I did this 10 or 20 times). Do this in different situations, e.g. create new login or revise existing login. Eventually you will be able to open the Password Generator dialog. Then select the "symbols exclude" option. Then you can continue working normally. This is not a permanent solution, but a good workaround. I hope it works for you

Edited by Rudi

Shame ! Then a new installation and the reimport of your vaults will help. Did this in one case too . Then the password generator is working again and as default "symbols exclude" is activated

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

We've released an updated version of Enpass(6.4.2) on desktop. Could you update the app to the latest version and let us know if you're still encountering the same issue with the app?

@RudiI was coming to ask you all to update to the latest version as the issue has been fixed. However, you already shared your inputs. Thanks for notifying here.

Thanks.