Enpass Discussion Forum

Latest Enpass for iOS/Windows does not sync with OneDrive

JohnW

I've noticed even after upgrading to the latest Enpass program for both my iPhone and Windows 10 PC, the syncing no longer works with OneDrive.  I've even disconnected the syncing on both devices and renamed the Enpass folder and file, and reconnected, but no syncing happens.  On both devices, the Enpass app even says it "syncs" with OneDrive, but no Enpass folder and/or file is created in OneDrive.

Hi @JohnW,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you getting any error message or code during sync? If yes, share it with us.
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced time get updated on the sync page?

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 5 weeks later...

Running v. 6.4.4 (462) on my iPhone and 6.4.2 (668) on my Mac and now facing this error... No updates available for either.

A tool is only a tool when it's not getting in your way to get things done... The MAIN reason I'm using Enpass is because of being able to use OneDrive, if this starts to not work reliably... :(

Hi @Fernando Madruga,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let us know are you able to access all your data on any device? If Yes, follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Take a manual backup of the data on all the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on all devices.
  • Remove the Enpass folders from OneDrive account.
  • Login to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on all the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

On 5/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Fernando Madruga,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let us know are you able to access all your data on any device? If Yes, follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Login to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Hi, I've got the same problem, but this does not solve anything unfortunately.

Hey @Alex Gerin

Welcome to the forum!

For testing purpose, we need a little input from you side so please take the backup of your Enpass data and perform these steps:

• Disconnect sync from all the devices.
  • Download the debug version of Enpass from this link for macOS and link for Windows device.
  • Now open Enpass --> Settings --> Advanced --> Logs --> Enable it.
  • Now sync with One-drive. When you receive an error code --> Go to Advanced settings --> Logs --> Copy the Logs in any text editor and share with us on support@enpass.io.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Pratyush Sharma

Here are the versions of Enpass I have installed on 2 Windows PCs and 1 iPhone 7 plus.  I followed your initial instructions, but the iPhone 7 Plus Enpass app refuses to sync data from/to the Windows Enpass programs.  The 2 Windows 10 Enpass programs sync fine with each other.  I deleted the Enpass file and folder from my OneDrive account, but it seems as if the iPhone Enpass application has it's own file/database that I can't find there and keeps on restoring data from.

I don't get any error messages, other than the new records I enter don't sync from iPhone Enpass to Windows Enpass and vice-versa.  I don't have automatic syncing set up.

It's really strange.  I used to see a folder and file for Enpass long ago when I first installed it, but now I can't find it?  Is there a hidden folder/file?

Also, how does one "disconnect sync"?

iPhone 7 Plus (ver 13.5.1)
ver 6.4.5 (467)

Windows 10 Pro (ver 1909)
ver 6.4.3 (666)

Windows 10 Home (ver 2004)
ver 6.4.3 (666)

Thanks,
John

Edited by JohnW

Hey @JohnW

Thanks for sharing  the details-

On 5/27/2020 at 3:47 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

We are investigating the issue and looking for a fix. Meanwhile please follow the above quoted steps and share your findings with us.

Hi @Garima Singh,

Thanks, I was able to resolve my problem by searching for the Enpass folder, which I found in the Apps folder.  Previously, I had renamed an old Enpass folder to "Enpass 1", which may have caused the problem I was having.

To fix, I downloaded the latest Enpass file as a backup, then deleted both Enpass folders and reconnected and resynced all 3 devices.

John

• Like 1