Enpass Discussion Forum

Window Hello function for Enpass could not use direct after PC restart

ESHY

I found out that each time when I restart the PC, I cannot use the window Hello to login. I need to type my long length password each time. After unlock the Enpass, window Hello icon reappear in the login page. My two Lenovo X1 PCs exhibit the same pattern of login requirement;;.  Is it a problem for my PC or a general requirement like when you restart your smartphone, you cannot use your fingerprint login for the inital unlock. 

• Like 1

Hi @ESHY,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that currently, Enpass asks for the master password in these scenarios even if you have enabled the Windows Hello:

• System re-start
  • When you quit Enpass and starts fresh

However, we do have plans to improve the 'Windows Hello' functionality and update with the fixes will be available with the subsequent update.

Thanks for your understanding!

Thanks for your reply. As I just purchased your product which is mainly for my android, I am evaluating whether it is safe if I store one Enpass copy in my notebook which I will also bring along outside. I find out that there is 3rd party win apps on market for resetting a PC password or to unlock a windows PC.  Then I think after the notebook being gained control by the one who got this notebook, he could gain full admin right to change the password and also the win Hello authority, say adding his own biometrics. In that case, could he directly gain access to open the Enpass content by biometrics without a need to use a master password to unlock the Enpass. 

I found out that if a windows device is encrypted, 3rd party win apps cannot help to unlock the windows. As my notebook was encrypted already, I think my preceding concern does not exist. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to see the feature if Windows Hello is enabled,  not needing to retype the Master Password after a restart. This behavior would be similar to my Android Phone and Apple iPad that it always uses biometrics.

Hey @Rojma

Thanks for showing your interest.

We appreciate your suggestion and support for full-time Windows Hello feature. Please note that we already have a feature request for the same and aligned for implementation in the future. However, we’re not sure of a specific timeline when this will be implemented.

Thanks for the understanding.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...