Enpass Discussion Forum

Solved: Syncing at two locations?

Roobert

Hello, please help in this regard:

I have been using Enpass for two years, syncing via local WIFI-WebDAV (to/from my iMac): iMac, MacBook, iPhone. Works like a charm. This is all at my home location.

A year ago I got myself a new iMac, transferred also the vault and moved the older iMac to another town. Now also I want to sync my current main vault (from the iPhone) with the older iMac in the other town. At the other location I of course have a differnt WIFI, therefor I would have to set up WIFI-WebDAV-syncing with the iPhone there.  

My concern is: When I set up WebDAV to sync between the older iMac (old vault) and the iPhone (current vault), will syncing update the older iMac with the currrent vault (what of course I want) or could I end up having the older vault (from the older iMac) on my iPhone?
Asked in another way: What determines in which direction the syncing happens? I want to update the old iMac´s vault, to be like the vault on the iPhone. Not the other way round.

Hoping I could explain well, thank you for input!

Robert

Edited by Roobert

Hey @Roobert

Thanks for writing to us.

13 hours ago, Roobert said:

When I set up WebDAV to sync between the older iMac (old vault) and the iPhone (current vault), will syncing update the older iMac with the currrent vault

Yes, you can sync your old vault of imac to current vault of iPhone via Sync. To do so, please follow the step-

• Open Enpass on your old imac and go to Enpass settings --> Vaults --> Select the vault(which you wish to sync with iPhone) ---> Select 'Set up Sync' and choose a cloud details to sync your database.
  • Enter your cloud details, follow the instructions and wait till the sync is done.
  • Now open Enpass on your iPhone --> Go on 'Vaults' --> Select the vault (which you wish to sync with imac) ---> Select the cloud (as in Step 1) from which you had enabled sync on your imac.
  • Once the sync is done, all your databases from imac will be restored in your iPhone.

Thanks!

Solved. I took a SuperDuper clone of my HD at home to the other town. Then, on the older iMac there, I set up „folder sync” with the „Enpass backup”-Folder on the SuperDuper clone HD. Thats all. Thanks for listening. ;-)

• Like 1