Enpass Discussion Forum

Re-check weak password

Eleanore

Dear all,

I was wondering if it is possible to update the Password audit section after I update a weak password.

Indeed, Enpass helped me find some weak password and I changed them to some others that are stronger, but I see now that they are all still listed as "weak". It is like the Password audit section is not updating itself when a password is changed.

Can you help me please? Thanks!

Hi @Pratyush Sharma,

thanks for your fast response, 

See the attached screenshot for details on the machine. It's a Mid 2012 Macbook Air running on MacOS 10.15.4.
Enpass version is 6.4.1 (642)

Same behaviour/display on my android phone as well (Oneplus 3, Android Version 9, OxygenOS Version 9.0.6, Enpass Version 6.4.3.344) if that's any help to pinpoint the problem.

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 15.20.18.png

Hi @Pratyush Sharma,

thanks for coming back. Okay I found the password in the webform and removed it and it did the trick. I wasn't aware, there would be passwords in plain text in the webforms. I checked a few entries and there's a lot of junk in these webforms. Any chance to delete them or clean them up except deleting the data manually field by field? I guess it should be a mapping but not contain any data since this should come from the entry itself?

I also checked the "Identical" Filter entries for webform stuff, but no luck there, most of the entries don't even have a webform attached. Some of them are even single entries. Should I open a new Thread for that?

See screenshot. The first 3 visible entries don't have the same password (anymore), the duplicate item is the actual same entry, showing a second time as having an identical password (this time using the correct password in the separator) - but it is the only entry using this password, so it should not show up at all. Same for the following entries.

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 13.24.16.png

Edited by dridde

@dridde

On 5/13/2020 at 5:31 PM, dridde said:

The first 3 visible entries don't have the same password (anymore)

Make sure that the password is not the same. For the entries (in the screenshot) that show an identical password, could you try deleting them and restoring them from the Trash folder of Enpass and then check if they appear in the Identical list.

• Like 1

Hio @Kashish,

I made sure the password is not the same, I changed them several years ago and since them some more times. So of course in the password history they share the same password somewhere, but that should not matter, right?

I tired what you suggested, deleting them all at once and then restoring them removed two of the three from the identical list. (Doing so with a single entry did not).

I tried this with the single entries showing up as well. For some of them it worked, for most of them it did not. But I noticed the item counter in the sidebar going down and going up again by two, if I deleted and restored such an item. So somehow enpass counts them twice?

Hey @dridde

Thanks for the patience.

On 5/16/2020 at 7:17 PM, dridde said:

I tried this with the single entries showing up as well. For some of them it worked, for most of them it did not. But I noticed the item counter in the sidebar going down and going up again by two, if I deleted and restored such an item. So somehow enpass counts them twice?

Currently Enpass doesn't have this option. However, we have noted your request and forwarded it to the concerned team for improvements.

Regarding the identical password issue: One of the possible reasons might be the these 3 items (which you have mentioned) have more than one password field. To investigate further on this issue can you please open these three items one by one in edit mode and check if they have more than two password fields.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi @Garima Singh,

they should only have just an email address and a password. I checked anyway but there was nothing there. The attached webform also only has two entries - username and password which are mapped to the corresponding fields. So everything looks good on that end. Same for the "single entries" that show up as duplicates. There are more bugging, since the other issue could be mostly addressed by deleting and restoring the entries. This does not work for the "singe entries"

Best
Stefan

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 20.38.46.png

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 20.38.24.png

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 20.38.37.png

• 4 weeks later...