Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass.exe has stopped working

Danmanv1

Hi @Danmanv1
We are really sorry for the trouble at your end and I can understand your situation very well. This is really a strange behavior and in order to fix it asap, I would like to be online with you on Skype as per your convenience. I have messaged you Skype details. Please revert me there with your availability.

Jatin

• 2 weeks later...

To update, I uninstalled and reinstalled Enpass and it worked until I tried to add my Dropbox account. It crashed again as soon as I tried to sync.

I then uninstalled it and deleted the Enpass folder in Documents. When I reinstalled it and linked Dropbox it worked fine and hasn't crashed since. So it seems to be sorted!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I suddenly had the same issue today, so I figured I would share the cause in case somebody else runs into the same problem.

In my case, Enpass crashed within a few seconds, caused by the OSD feature being turned on in my MSI Gaming App. This feature normally shows you graphics card statistics while you're playing games, but it appears it also tried to do it in Enpass - which it did not seem to appreciate.

Turning the feature off in the MSI Gaming App allowed me to get to my passwords again.

If your Enpass is crashing for different reasons, I suggest opening Event Viewer (which ships with Windows). Just typing "Event Viewer" in the start menu should bring it up. In Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs > Application. Find the most recent "Error" level activity and it will give you some technical details. In my case it was enough to hint at the cause:

Faulting application name: Enpass.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x06925888
Faulting module name: MsiGamingOSD.dll, version: 1.0.0.5, time stamp: 0x5799965f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00004906
Faulting process id: 0x15cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d20661c8ae701d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enpass\Enpass.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\Gaming APP\OSD\x86\MsiGamingOSD.dll
Report Id: b09b3666-f7af-48ff-88ab-054fbac83950
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Hope that helps someone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I had this same problem when I switched to WIndows 10. Dreaded "Enpass Connection Error". Plagued me for a month. This is how I fixed it... Read this article on Resetting Windows network settings. http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-reset-all-your-windows-10-network-adapters-just-6-clicks. I performed a Network Reset and all was back to normal....

reset_network_adapters_4.jpg

10665920_833194333368722_126787412365605

Edited by Techsquad
typo