Enpass Discussion Forum

Mr.

Michel.Schnabel

Today I created an additional user account on my iMac. But when I login with my primary account again, I lost all my passwords and Enpass acts like I am a new user.

How can I get all (around 100) my passwords back? This is really frustrating because I stored them nowhere else! Thanks for your advice!

Hi @Michel.Schnabel

Thanks for using Enpass and writing in.

I would like to share that Enpass is an offline password manager and your data gets saved on your device only or if you had enabled sync then its copy gets saved at your preferred cloud. We can help you to get your data back in case if you have a backup of Enpass data over the cloud or locally on the device or if you are using Enpass on any other devices where you can access all your data.

Thanks for your response. As far as I know there was no backup.

My first question would be; is it a known issue that Enpass decides to wipe everything and starts as if you use it for the first time?

(to be clear, I have user "a" on my iMac, under which Enpass stored all my passwords then I created additional iMac user "b", but when I logged back in as user "a", this happened)

My second question is; what is the file location where I might find my data and restore it on my iMac?

Hi @Michel.Schnabel,

Thanks for writing back in.

No, we don’t have any permission or access to any of our user’s data. Every single Enpass user is anonymous to us. All your database is saved locally only on the device, not on any server. And the database stored in Enpass is always encrypted by the Master password, and can only be accessed by you. So there is no way left for anyone to access your data.

To check for the backup file please follow the below mentioned steps:

I. App downloaded from Mac App store: data documents backups

• Quit Enpass (If running).
  • Go to User --> Library Folder--> Containers --> in.sinew.Enpass-Desktop --> data --> documents --> backups.

NOTE: Usually Library folder is hidden, so make it visible by pressing and holding the Option key.

II. App downloaded from Enpass website:

• Quit Enpass (If running).
  • Go to User Documents --> Enpass folder.

Hope this helps!

Hey @Michel.Schnabel

Thanks for writing back.

Please be informed that walletx file format is the backup of Enpass v5, not Enpass v6.  Please follow these steps to restore the data of Enpass 5 to Enpass 6-

• Take the backup of Enpass 5 data and save it manually on the device.

• Now re-install Enpass 6 on your device using this link and restore Enpass 5 backup file.

Also, you can go through this link to know how to restore your Enpass v5 data in Enpass v6 using the cloud. Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Hope this helps!