Enpass Discussion Forum

Unlocking should be quicker

schrej

Unlocking should be quicker

I've posted this in another category about nine months ago but I'm reposting it here as I haven't heard any news since then, it's a rather small feature and it is really bugging me.

The most annoying thing while using Enpass is, at least in my opinion, the rather slow unlock speed. Especially on the Android version (I'm using fingerprint if that matters) it is really slow.

Apart from trying to improve the unlock speed on the technical side, it would be very nice if the fancy unlock animations could be disabled in the settings.
The unlock sound could still be played while the list of passwords is already visible and the animations should be as short as possible to allow a more efficient workflow.

Also another thing: When selecting a password to login the browser extension only shows the entries matching the current website. If you open the dialog again to retrieve e.g. a TOTP token it just shows "recent items", the last login used isn't at the top though. It would be better if it either shows only matching entries as well (you can still search for other passwords) or shows the last opened entry at the top.

Thank You,
schrej

• Like 1

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @schrej

On 8/31/2017 at 3:19 PM, schrej said:

I've posted this in another category about nine months ago but I'm reposting it here as I haven't heard any news since then, it's a rather small feature and it is really bugging me.

Sorry, this was just an oversight. We'll be more watchful now.:)

The most annoying thing while using Enpass is, at least in my opinion, the rather slow unlock speed. Especially on the Android version (I'm using fingerprint if that matters) it is really slow.

Please give me an idea how slow it is in seconds after you touch the finger.

Apart from trying to improve the unlock speed on the technical side, it would be very nice if the fancy unlock animations could be disabled in the settings.
The unlock sound could still be played while the list of passwords is already visible and the animations should be as short as possible to allow a more efficient workflow.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've noted it down for internal discussions.

Also another thing: When selecting a password to login the browser extension only shows the entries matching the current website. If you open the dialog again to retrieve e.g. a TOTP token it just shows "recent items", the last login used isn't at the top though. It would be better if it either shows only matching entries as well (you can still search for other passwords) or shows the last opened entry at the top.

Actually, the list of Recent Items comprises of the highly + most frequently used items. Based on this, a weightage is calculated for the items, so your newly used item will appear here after a couple of more uses. Thanks for intimating about this, and we'll improve the underlying algorithm in any of subsequent release.

Cheers!