Enpass Discussion Forum

Portable 6.4

DELABRIERE

Hi,

I cannot make the Portable app working on Mac.

How can I get the data from Enpass Desktop 6.4 to Portable app ? I am looking for a "walletx.db" file, as said in the user guide, but where is it ?

When the USB key is plugged on my own laptop, will Desktop and Portable datas sync together, and how ?

Thanks.

Hi @DELABRIERE,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Enpass version 6 doesn't have the file extension walletx.db instead it is vault.enpassdb. File name walletx.db was for the older version of Enpass. To restore data in Portable from your Desktop, you can manually take the backup of whole Enpass data from File under ≡ menu from Toolbar → Backup All Vaults → Select file location → Save. Now restore the saved backup file in Portable and let us know if the issue persists.
If you choose to save the database in USB, then you can access the data through the same USB on any device.

Hey @DELABRIERE

Please follow move EnpassPortable.app to different location or USB then try the same steps and let me know. If the problem persists, please share-

• What is the size of your back up file? Also, the file format of backup file?
  • Have you taken complete back up of Enpass data from desktop and then tried to restore the same on the portable or usb? If yes, please share the screenshot of the error you getting while restoring the backup?
On 5/14/2020 at 7:49 PM, DELABRIERE said:

I am looking for a "walletx.db" file, as said in the user guide, but where is it ?

•  In which user guide you see about "walletx.db" ?

Thanks.

He @DELABRIERE

Thanks for sharing the details.

It seems that you are using old version of portable. Please take a backup of Enpass data in the same portable version(if you have any). Afterwards, delete the existing Enpass portable installation from your system. Once you remove the Enpass portable installation, download Enpass portable again using this link and restore the data which you backed up earlier. Also, change the directory location for Enpass portable.

Thanks.

Happening the ame to me too

1. I downloaded the latest enpass portable file

2. When trying to load the backup file ending with *.enpassbackupdb  generated by auto saving of vault by the desktop app, it get the internal error -995

Please help

Hey @John Doe and @DELABRIERE

Our QA is looking into this issue. Meanwhile if you are using Enpass on any other devices and syncing with any cloud services then enable sync or restore with the same cloud account on the portable version of Enpass. Also, please let me know on which device along with OS version you are using Enpass? 

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hey @DELABRIERE

Thanks for writing back.

Sorry to say but adding the iCloud sync support for the Portable version of Enpass is quite a cumbersome process, however, it's already in our roadmap for the future version. I have already created feature request for the same.

But I am afraid to say that you have to choose any other cloud services to sync Enpass data on your macOS device and then restore the database on the portable version of Enpass.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi - on the back of your advice, I changed my sync from iCloud to google

Now when I go to enpass portable, and give it authorization to sync via google - i get the below screen  (attached). 

I click on copy, and immediately after that EnPass portable which is open - shuts down on my Mac

What am I doing wrong?

189760222_ScreenshotofSafari(23-5-202012-31-03PM).thumb.png.74a7b90857aa6aba302b04f4d0d4e370.png