Enpass Discussion Forum

Restore from OneDrive fails

IslandBoy

I have Enpass on 2 PCs and Android phone. They sync using OneDrive. I am trying to setup Enpass on new PC. I select I am existing user. I select Restore from OneDrive. The OneDrive Authorisation is successful. But Enpass says Sorry we could not find any Enpass data on this OneDrive account.

I check the path from the other PCs and it isc correct. I check the files are indeed there on the OneDrive as seen by the new PC. They are in sync and all correct. Why does Enpass not see it and how is this fixed?

Hey @IslandBoy

Thanks for writing to us.

To restore the data in other desktop, you can use cloud sync or also using the backup file. Please follow the below steps to transfer(restore) the data from PC to any other device using a backup file -

• Take the complete backup of Enpass data from your desktop(in which you have all Enpass data) using these steps. Open Enpass > Click on 'Backup all vaults' from the menu > Select the location and save it.
  • Now login to your cloud account on the same desktop and upload the backup folder in the Enpass app folder.
  • Now login to your cloud account on your new PC, download the same backup folder data and save it locally.
  • Open Enpass on your the the new PC(in which you downloaded the backup data folder)--> Settings --> Advanced --> Apply Erase Everything function > when the Welcome screen appears, restore the data from the backup file saved locally and then sync. Note: Before uninstalling the app make sure you already have the backup of Enpass data.

Thanks.

Hallo. I don't think you understand the issue. I don't get as far as being able to select Settings. The first thing Enpass does is to ask me if I am new or existing user. When I select existing user, it proceeds as I described.

I actually have 4 PCs (all running Win 10) and an Android phone. I have Enpass running on all of them. 3 PCs and the phone. I have the same Windows user account on all of them so the OneDrive on all of them is the same and synced. The current situation is:

1. Main PC Enpass runs and syncs with my OneDrive account fine.
  2. Android phone runs Enpass and syncs with the same OneDrive account fine
  3. Main tablet runs Enpass and syncs with the same OneDrive account fine
  4. Backup tablet runs Enpass and syncs with the same OneDrive account fine
  5. Backup PC (trying to resync a previously working Enpass instance) brings up Setup for Enpass Password Manager, it gives me 2 options: I am a new Enpass user OR Restore my existing data. I select Restore my existing data. It asks which cloud options i wish to restore my existing Enpass data from. I choose OneDrive. It redirects to Microsoft sign-in page. I sign in. It says Authorisation Finished Please continue with Enpass application. Enpass Setup says Restore from OneDrive Sorry we could not find any Enpass data on the OneDrive account. Please make sure your data exists on OneDrive.

Why can't the Backup PC run Enpass and sync as existing user like all the others? More importantly, how can this be done? Thanks.

2020-05-18 (16).png

Hi @IslandBoy

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

For quick troubleshooting, please update the Enpass app on the device on which you are having this issue and try to restore again as we have released an updated version of Enpass(v6.4.2).

If your problem persists, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?

Thanks!

Hi, please review what I have said before. On the backup PC, I can't start Enpass fully. I click on Enpass, it brings up the Setup screen, it asks if I am new Enpass user or Restore my existing data. I select OneDrive, it takes me to the Microsoft Sign In screen, i sign in and get the Authorization Finished message.I go to Enpass and it says Sorry we could not finmd any Enpass data on the OneDrive account. Please make sure your data exists on OneDrive. Where in that process can I update the Enpass app? It's not possible.

Backup PC (with the issue) Intel NUC i5 Win 10 Pro v1909 - Enpass? Don't know, can't get to About page to find out

Main PC Dell Vostro i7 Win 10 Pro v1909 Enpass 6.4.2 (669)

Main tablet Teclast N4100 Win 10 Pro v1909 Enpass 6.4.1 (642)

Backup tablet Chuwi Hi10 Plus Atom X5 Win 10 Home v1901 Enpass 6.4.1 (642)

Android Phone 8.1.0 Enpass 6.4.4.353

Hi @IslandBoy,

Sorry for the inconvenience causing to you.

Please let us know are you able to access all your data on any device? If Yes, follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Take a manual backup of the data on all the devices.

• Disconnect the sync on all devices.

• Remove the Enpass folders from OneDrive account.

• Login to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.

• Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on all the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

So you don't know what's happening? Your only solution is to break sync on 5 devices, and then set them all up again? That's very poor. Have you actually understod that all 4 other devices have been working fine for a long time, all syncing OK with OneDrive - it's only on one device that I have the issue? I'm not sure you understand the issue and I am losing confidence in Enpass.

You ask the question " are you able to access all your data on any device? " that shows you haven't read my previous posts.

Edited by IslandBoy

Solved the problem on my own, thank you. The Enpass version number was available in the Enpass folder in C Programs x86 Enpass - you could have told me that. I used Control Panel to uninstall then downloaded fresh copy from your site and re-installed. It synced fine with OneDrive as existing user. A great deal less work / aggravation than your very long-winded and unnecessary instructions.

• Like 1

Hello, 

It seems that OneDrive sync is broken after KB4497165 update today 20 May 2020. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497165/kb4497165-intel-microcode-update

When I select restore from OneDrive, I go through the typical browser authentication. After successful authentication, the Enpass app attempts to sync, then immediately force quits. 

I have uninstalled. Restarted computer. Reinstalled. Reset the App through Windows Programs Manager. Not sure what else to do... It seems that the update broke something, or my password reset did something. 

What is advised to keep the app from crashing? 

Thanks,

Gio

Hey @Gio

Welcome to the forum!

For quick troubleshooting, disconnect the sync from all the devices and reconnect it again. Also, please refer to this FAQ.

If your problem persists, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you getting any error message or code during sync? If yes, share it with us.

Thanks.

Hi Александр @ismon,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

We really understand your concern. Our team is trying to best to find the issue asap, your co-operation will be highly appreciated. Meanwhile, we will recommend you to try the website version of Enpass using this link (website version is given at the bottom of the page) and share your findings with us.

Note: Make sure to save the backup file and install the latest version of Enpass for Windows from the website. After installation, restore the backup file and check. Once the backup file restore is successful, please uninstall the store version. 

• 8 months later...

Same problem here:

PC1 syncs with Onedrive
Android syncs with Onedrive
PC2 (laptop) = error = "No data found in Onedrive" at start --> Seems to sync ok --> Changes made from PC1 and synced with Android doesnt appear on PC2

Edited:

Solution: PC2 delete all data and settings -> Restore backup from file stored on PC1 -> Resync with Onedrive correct -> Tests with new elements created on PC1 and on Android and appears on PC2 correctly.

I think the problem may have been in an incorrect or unfinished PC2 sync with Onedrive, which caused consistency failures with subsequent PC1 syncs. PC1 is on almost 24/7 and PC2 runs occasionally.

Edited by morralletti
Problem solved

Hi @morralletti,

Apologies for the trouble you are going through.

I want to inform you that Microsoft made a change for OneDrive APIs that caused the OneDrice sync problem. Our team has reproduced and identified the issue at our end and is working on it. An update with the fix will be available soon. Till then, we will request you to please co-operate with us.
Thanks!