Enpass Discussion Forum

Use wildcards to urls

mthomos

Use wildcards to urls

Hi i have a suggestion for the autocomplete. I have saved the login credentials for the desktop version of a site e.g. (www.facebook.com) when i try to login from my phone it gives me the mobile version of the site (m.facebook.com) and enpass cannot find the login credentials.

My suggest is that the autofill to be able to recognize and use wildcards for the url e.g. (*.facebook.com)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would go even farther than that and easily allow us to add several urls to a login entry, some company leverage "SSO" to let you connect with the same set of credentials on multiple, very domain names, for example amazon.com and amazon.de share the same login backend. Right now it will store one entry for each website and will get out of sync as soon as you change your password as only one entry will get updated.

Once implemented, we would then need an easy way in the UI to "merge" two entries, and maybe ask the user which password to keep if the passwords are not identical (most probably because one of the entries still has the old password before a reset).

I don't know any password manager that handle this use case in a nice, user friendly way and this would be a great plus to Enpass.

• Like 1