Enpass Discussion Forum

Connect to iCloud sync does not work on Fedora 32

Krit

I have installed Fedora 32 64bit and just installed Enpass. When I try to connect to iCloud I get to the part where I have to choose Enpass to open the link (already entered my icloud credentials) and the the wheel in the browser keeps spinning and Enpass is waiting and waiting. But the connection is never established.

Hey @Krit

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Please share a screenshot or video of the issue?

Thanks!

Hi Garima,

I am running Enpass on several devices:

• ios (phone & iPad)
  • Laptop (Debian 10)
  • Windows 10
  • Manjaro (Virtual Box Windows 10)
  • Ubuntu 20 (Virtual Box Windows 10)

Fedora 32 in Vritual Box on Windows 10 gives me this problem. Install works fine but when connecting to iCloud this is where it stops (after I entered my credentials for icloud and said the link must be opened by Enpass):

2020-05-25_09-15-52.png

I had the same problem on CentOS 8 today. Just now I tried again and now it did work. The only thing that I did different was checking the box that says Always use this ..... before choosing Enpass for opening the link.

Edited by Krit
Additional info

Sorry for my late reply. I did change the browser. But that did not help. 

I can’t do any research anymore I am afraid, since I have only limited space and had to dump fedora to install another Linux-distro that had no problems with Enpass (and evolution-ews) 

of course, on the most recent installation, everything works mainly as intended, lol. Try to relate what I did see however:

Environment:

kubu.png.c6925fa20003f94bd8ec6f988991bc29.png

- On initial install, observed minor notification:

Setting up enpass (6.4.1.643) ...
Error in file "/usr/share/applications/org.kde.kdeconnect_open.desktop": "*/*" is an invalid MIME type ("*" is an unregistered media type)
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.64ubuntu1) ...

- Continue to configure app, and click to setup cloud sync, Dropbox for example. Get normal dialog for "xdg-open" which is normal:

xdg.thumb.png.49e1196624b1a79a8f41c4975fe1d7cf.png

After clicking "open xdg-open" or "Redirect" that I was presented with a "KIO mimetype error, no application associated with enpassauth".

As mentioned however, on this most recent installation everything is fine though.

My guess is, looking at the file on a working install:

$ grep MimeType /usr/share/applications/enpass.desktop 
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/enpassauth;x-scheme-handler/enpasscard;x-scheme-handler/enpassstart;x-scheme-handler/enpass;x-scheme-handler/cloudkit-xxxxxxxx.in.sinew.walletx;application/enpasscard;

that on the install where I was having "KIO mimetype" errors it was likely missing this info in file "/usr/share/applications/enpass.desktop":

x-scheme-handler/enpassauth

Edited by genbushi