Enpass Discussion Forum

problem with sync from google drive

eurekaqq

I update to the lasted version enpass. then the all data of enapss was reset, I don't know why it reset :(.

when I try to resync to google drive, the application will be crash in the click "open enpass password manerger" of page"Authorization Finished!"

My environment,

enpass vesion:6.42.662.0

browser: chrome 83

I'm having the same issue! Android applications work fine though. Can't access any passwords from the desktop. Reloading PC/browser, reinstalling the app, launching the app in admin mode do not help. The app also can't read the backup file with the error 995

HA-HA!!! Solved it! It is because of stupid bugged Windows Store version.

Uninstall your application. Then download the "Traditional win32" .exe file from here: https://www.enpass.io/downloads/

After the installation of this package everything began to work!

P.S. Just for the case I uninstalled the browser plugin also before the installation and rebooted the system

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey All,

Welcome to the forum! Also, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

If your problem still persists, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Please share the screenshot of error message or code during sync?
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced time get updated on the sync page?

Thanks!

Same problem here, and I think I know why!
My name is Håkan, and that, or more specifically, the "å" in my name is the problem!
Enpass Windows Store App can not handle non-english characters in the Windows user account name!

The user account name is part of the path where the App stores data.
The App installation process in the Windows Store creates the folder structure at 
C:\Users\Håkan\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_fwdy0m65qb6h2
but then, the App in itself fails to actually use these folders...

I have replicated the error on a brand new Windows 10 install.
Installed Enpass from the Windows Store.
When logged on to an account as user "Håkan", I can't even create a new vault:
It just goes in circles, after clicking "Change to Default" I get back to the initial setup screen.
171374193_Vaultlocationcannotbefound.png.23d8504cd447e9a511a8939818320e48.png

If I try a backup file from another computer I get an error:
363022244_Internalerror-995.png.caf37e45fb813a3a1dd94789c07ac76f.png

And when I try to restore from Google Drive, Enpass just crashes without any message after the Google authorization...

Then, I create a new user account on the same computer, naming the user "Hakan" without the "å".
Now, everything works as expected!

I bet the earlier posters here also have Windows user account names with non-english characters in them?

Fortunatelly, the Traditional Win32 application works, even with my "å" in the user account!
https://www.enpass.io/downloads/

Best of luck to the Enpass team in the bug fixing process!

Thanks for an otherwise really good app!

/Håkan, Sweden

@Garima Singh

1. On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?

windows 10 1909
2. Which Enpass version are you using on each device?

windwos store enpass vesion:6.42.662.0
3.  Please share the screenshot of error message or code during sync?

no any error code during sync, it just crash. So I did not have any screenshot.
4. Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?

Yes, I use automatic setting by windows.
5. Does the last synced time get updated on the sync page?

My data was reset. So I am not sure it.

and I try the "Traditional win32".exe, it is work me.

maybe my name is Chinese, so it crash.

Hey @eurekaqq, have a look at my post in another thread, regarding the same matter.
If you are lucky, your vault files are still on your disk, where the Windows Store App stored them! 
You can just copy them to the location where Traditional Win32 stores them.
Have a look at my description, but no guarantees... :S
https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/topic/18951-internal-error-995-no-restore-from-backup/&do=findComment&comment=31646

Good luck!

/Håkan

Edited by IrmaIsfot

I happened to have another disk with a previous Windows 10 install on.  Today, when I connected it for a completely different purpose than this, I did so without connecting the network cable.

And on this install, the Windows Store App worked!  It was version 6.4.1 (642), and I have the folder structure to prove it.
There it is: Users\Håkan\AppData and so on, with the LocalState folder that contains my vault.
104500822_Enpass6.4.1(642)isworking.png.f73d0486b1265416ff5a5e7dc2ea1bad.png

However, as soon as I connected the network cable and rebooted, the Windows Store App was updated, and no longer worked.
It wanted me to set things up as a new user, which just don't work, as posted earlier.

To find out the version of the updated version, I had to create a new user account, without any special characters in it.
The latest updated version is 6.4.2 (662).

But, with hope for all users that are afraid that they have lost their vaults, the above folder structure and vault files remain, even after the non-working version is installed.  If Enpass can fix their App, a new and working version would probably find the old folder structure and be able to open the vault again?

Edited by IrmaIsfot

One more thing I found:

If you start the Windows Store App as Administrator (right click the app icon and select Run as Administrator)
it creates a new Windows User folder!  It contains a strange question mark character instead of the "å".
237882467_Enpasswronguserdirectory.png.a84a312f2eda40447c725e714e1cb187.png

This folder only contains the path to the Enpass storage directory.
1792654835_Enpasswronguserdirectorycontents.png.a30c10023961d0f00dd6996ea29e897f.png

As long as Enpass is running as Administrator, it can create a new vault in this "wrong" folder structure,
where new items can be added and saved and removed.

However, I was not able to restore my Google Drive vault with this workaround. 
It just sits there waiting, but it does not crash as it does when run as a normal user.

/Håkan

• 2 months later...

Happening on latest android/windows/mac version for me as well. Installed through windows store, mac app store, and play store on android. So it's not platform related. Got exactly the same error code on both, paid for Pro as well. I fixed it by removing the account sync ability from google drive and re-adding it (I kept the vault locally, just deleted and re-added the sync to drive setting), but the issue keeps coming back.... any ETA on when we can expect a fix? @Pratyush Sharma @Garima Singh

Edited by Sergei

Hey @Sergei

Welcome to the forum!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which all devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Please share the screenshot of error message or code during sync?
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced time get updated on the sync page?

Thanks!