Enpass Discussion Forum

Kicked out of the app and unable to re-sync after latest update.

Manù

Greetings,

I'm here to ask for help since I'm now unable to login from my desktop.

Today, at a very early hour, my pc automatically updated the app from the Microsoft Store, kicking me out of the application and not allowing me to login nor to re-sync from Dropbox. I couldn't even restore my vault by using the file (vault.enpassdbsync) itself, because it tells me that I need to put in a password, which I imagined being the master password, but it won't accept it.

I saw on your release notes that you "fixed an issue with restore via Dropbox" in your latest official release (version 6.4.2 (669)); I never had that issue until this latest update, which was supposed to fix that.

Another thing I noticed is that the latest version from the Microsoft Store doesn't meet the latest in your release notes. Version on Store is "6.42.662.0", but version on release notes is "6.4.2 (669)".

System informations ----> Windows 10 Pro / version 1909 / build 18363.836 ----> Enpass app from Microsoft store / version 6.42.662.0

Could you, please, give me directions?

Thank you in advance, regards.

Manù

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem: Enpass has just been updated to 6.42.662.0 on my Windows 10.

When I run it, it asks to reconfigure. I use Onedrive, and when I try to setup synchronization, I get an error 400. I then tried to restore the last automatic backup (one week ago), and it also fails with internal error -995.

I'm stuck with no access to any of my passwords. Please advice.

Thanks.

[EDIT]

I've been able to solve my OneDrive synchronisation issue by deleting both 'Enpass' and 'Enpass 1' folders in the Applications folder on my OneDrive (thanks to this post: 

I also applied the workaround in this post (use Win32 traditional application) to be able to access my passwords again:

I'm still waiting for an upgrade of this buggy Windows 10 store version 6.42.662.0 as the browser extension is not available with the Win32 version.

Edited by Gérald S.
Add workaround

Hello, I've just wanted to sign in to my desktop app, and it says that I should have a recovery file or make a new account.

No any possibilities to use my mastercode.

Probably I have the same issue as it shown above.

Please fix it. otherwise I'm not able to get my vault.

Thanks.

Hi @Manù @Gérald S. @Tomas Israel @bfruehlinger @TZMI,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

We really understand your concern. Our team is trying to best to find the issue asap, your co-operation will be highly appreciated. Meanwhile, we will recommend you to try the website version of Enpass using this link (website version is given at the bottom of the page) and share your findings with us.

Note: Make sure to save the backup file and install the latest version of Enpass for Windows from the website. After installation, restore the backup file and check. Once the backup file restore is successful, please uninstall the store version. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Manù @Gérald S. @Tomas Israel @bfruehlinger @TZMI,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

We really understand your concern. Our team is trying to best to find the issue asap, your co-operation will be highly appreciated. Meanwhile, we will recommend you to try the website version of Enpass using this link (website version is given at the bottom of the page) and share your findings with us.

Note: Make sure to save the backup file and install the latest version of Enpass for Windows from the website. After installation, restore the backup file and check. Once the backup file restore is successful, please uninstall the store version. 

Thanks.

Same Problem here. Got kicked out of enpass. Removed the Win10 app and installed again. Still can not sync. App crashes every time. Installed the portable app, that is able to sync. Please fix your application. This is annoying.

UPDATE --> SOLVED FOR ME

Unistalled the Store app and installed the classic win32 version from the Enpass website (https://www.enpass.io/downloads/): it worked, I've been able to re-sync Enpass on my desktop with my Dropbox account, so I've obtained all my data back.
I'm lucky because I also use Enpass on iOS, which wasn't afflicted and remained reliable, so I had another source to get my passwords, otherwise I could never get into Dropbox because the password (as for everything important) was generated by Enpass itself. 100 digits, random letters, numbers, caps and symbols... ).

Anyway, thanks to @Gérald S. and @Pratyush Sharma for suggesting.

Have a good time, regards.

Manù

Hello, I've also been kicked out of the app after latest update. The problem is that i'm new to the enpass world so i didn't have time to create a backup file or sync my data to a cloud service. Result is that i can't access my passwords and i'm basically kicked out of everywhere. Does enpass somehow autobackup my data locally to the pc or i am doomed?

On 5/25/2020 at 11:43 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Manù & @Gérald S.,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I have noted down this issue and notified the QA team to look into it.

Thanks. My issue seems to be linked to this one : 

as I have a "é" in my username profile path, and I'm also not able to create a new vault using the store app (error message: Vault location cannot be found change to default location). I've been able to test v6.42.662.0 using another profile without any accent in the path, and it's working perfectly, so definitely the accent in my user path is the root cause.

Regards.