Enpass Discussion Forum

Restore via local files

Webber731

Hello! I have this problem
For some reason I don't understand, Enpass was reset, and asks for recovery, I want to restore through local files (since it was not saved anywhere) I can't find where exactly they are, I have been suffering for a week, thank you for your attention.

Hi @Webber731,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Please let us know are you using Enpass Microsoft Store version in your device? If Yes, we are already aware of this issue, and we have made fixes. It would be a great help if you can join our beta program and test it.

Note: Make sure to save the backup file and install the latest beta version of Enpass. After installation, restore the backup file and check.

Thanks.

Hey @Webber731

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

To restore the backup file, please follow the below steps-

• Open Enpass ---> Settings ---> Vaults > Create a new Vault by clicking on “+“ ---> Click on ‘Local storage’ under Backup file --> Select the location and folder of file(which is saved locally) --> Select the vault which you wish to restore and click on Continue --> Enter master password (same you using previously)--> Tap on 'Continue'.

Backup file is exist in the given location:  C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_fwdy0m65qb6h2\LocalState\Backups

(where XXXXXX is your user account name of the system)

Thanks.