Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill needs improvements

Martijn;)

On most websites or apps I want to log in to, Enpass always doesn't fill in the login details correctly.
Sometimes Enpass only enters a user name and sometimes my login details are entered at the wrong place.
I also often have that Enpass can't enter my login details.

Hey @Martijn;) and @John Doe

Sorry for the trouble you are having.

For quick troubleshooting, please disable the auto-fill feature and enable it again. Also, add dummy data in any of the login categories and then try to auto-fill and share your findings.

I would like to share that Enpass always uses the username/email field along with password to auto-fill the details. For eg; if the field of username line is numeric or any other apart from email and username. Then Enpass will not able to fill it correctly. Please make sure you are using correct field type while saving the details. For more details, please refer to this link of our user manual. If the problem still persists, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which device and OS version are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on the same?
  • Can you please let me know on which website are you facing this problem?

Thanks.

On 15-6-2020 at 15:46, Garima Singh said:

Hallo @Martijn;) en @John Doe

Sorry voor de problemen die u ondervindt.

Schakel de functie voor automatisch aanvullen uit en schakel deze opnieuw in voor snelle probleemoplossing. Voeg ook dummy-gegevens toe in een van de inlogcategorieën en probeer vervolgens uw bevindingen automatisch in te vullen en te delen.

Ik zou willen delen dat Enpass altijd het veld gebruikersnaam / e-mail samen met het wachtwoord gebruikt om de details automatisch in te vullen. Voor bv; als het veld van de gebruikersnaamregel numeriek is of een ander, behalve e-mail en gebruikersnaam. Dan kan Enpass het niet correct vullen. Zorg ervoor dat u het juiste veldtype gebruikt terwijl u de details opslaat. Raadpleeg deze link in onze gebruikershandleiding voor meer informatie. Als het probleem zich blijft voordoen, deel dan de volgende details zodat we kunnen onderzoeken waar het probleem zou kunnen zijn.

• Op welk apparaat en welke besturingssysteemversie gebruikt u Enpass?
  • Welke Enpass-versie gebruikt u hetzelfde?
  • Kun je me alsjeblieft laten weten op welke website je dit probleem tegenkomt?

Bedankt.

@Garima Singh I only have this autofill problems on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Android 10. My Enpass version is up to date.

I encounter this problem on many websites and online stores where I want to log in. Bol.com is an example of this.

• 2 weeks later...

@Garima Singh,

Sorry for my late response. I was unable to respond because I was blocked.

This time Enpass was able to enter the login details on the website, but the password was not accepted. But when I copy and paste it, I will be logged in.

And now I also notice that Enpass doesn't always store the password correctly. I constantly have to retype the password in Enpass. But when I copy the exact same password from 1Password or LastPass it is accepted.

Edited by Martijn;)
-

Hey @Martijn;)

Thanks for notifying. I have noted it down and forwarded to the team for better understanding. Hopefully, an update for Enpass will be released soon in which we've significantly improved auto-fill feature. Please stay tuned for the new update and let us know if the problem still persists after the updated version.

Thanks for the co-operation..

• 2 months later...