Enpass Discussion Forum

ARM64 Linux Build (Raspberry Pi)

Noah Williams

Hi team,

I recently got one of the new 8GB/RAM Raspberry Pi models and found it to be a quite nice minimal desktop experience. Unfortunately, I couldn't get very far with the tasks I was hoping to, as Enpass doesn't seem to support ARM on Linux yet.

I'd love to see an ARM build published in the APT/YUM repos - unless I'm thoroughly mistaken about your codebase, it may be a just as simple as recompiling your current Linux build for ARM.

I think over the next few years as we start to see more ARM machines come onto market you'll find more and more developer customers requesting this feature.

Some operational suggestions for a smooth QuickStart:

All the best,

Noah

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 12:00 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Evert

Welcome to the forum! I have noted your request to support Raspberry Pi. Thanks!

A little update on this: Ubuntu is now supporting the Raspberry Pi platform as a full-fledged PC vendor, and distributing stable builds of Ubuntu Desktop for the Pi: https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ubuntu-desktop-on-raspberry-pi-4#1-overview

I really think this would be worth supporting, especially as we are likely to see more inexpensive ARM Linux machines in the near future.

@Garima Singh Thank you and the rest of the Enpass team - I appreciate that you've been monitoring this thread and factoring it into your product's roadmap!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 4:58 PM, Noah Williams said:

Hi team,

I recently got one of the new 8GB/RAM Raspberry Pi models and found it to be a quite nice minimal desktop experience. Unfortunately, I couldn't get very far with the tasks I was hoping to, as Enpass doesn't seem to support ARM on Linux yet.

I'd love to see an ARM build published in the APT/YUM repos - unless I'm thoroughly mistaken about your codebase, it may be a just as simple as recompiling your current Linux build for ARM.

I think over the next few years as we start to see more ARM machines come onto market you'll find more and more developer customers requesting this feature.

Some operational suggestions for a smooth QuickStart:

All the best,

Noah

Hi 

do You have a workaround?

thanks

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, LpImperson said:

Hi 

do You have a workaround?

thanks

Unfortunately, because Enpass currently uses architecture-specific binaries, there really isn't much to "work around". ARM-compiled vs x86-compiled code is kinda like if an English speaker and a Japanese speaker are trying to communicate and neither speaks a word of the other's language. Very little similarity if any in the "languages" and definitely not enough for one to interpret the other.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:09 PM, Noah Williams said:

Unfortunately, because Enpass currently uses architecture-specific binaries, there really isn't much to "work around". ARM-compiled vs x86-compiled code is kinda like if an English speaker and a Japanese speaker are trying to communicate and neither speaks a word of the other's language. Very little similarity if any in the "languages" and definitely not enough for one to interpret the other.

Thanks , I´m trying KeePassXC for Raspberry but it´s complicate migrate all data

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Help!!

I am a great friend of Enpass; but also of Raspberry pi!

Many users have followed my advice for switching to Enpass. Please hurry up to develop a suitable version for the 64 bit RaspberryPi. Raspberry Pi is becoming more and more useful desktop PC.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

HI enpass team

I'm currently working on switching from windows to Ubuntu on a Raspberry pi 400 as my general desktop computer.

I just now discovered the same problem as the topic of this thread. I have used enpass for a "long" time after leaving 1pass.

Today it's impossible for me to use any computer or android device without a password manager. My decision to move to Raspberry pi is final so if I can't get enpass on that platform soon I have to find another password manager.

Do you have an plans to support Ubuntu on Raspberry pi?

Best Regards

Morgan Johansson

Just to add my voice, a version of Enpass for Linux (all flavors) on the Raspberry Pi would be most appreciated. I have just moved ALL of my daily computing to my new RPi4B-4GB desktop. It is quick and reliable and costs ~$100 after a monitor, mouse and keyboard have been acquired.

I am running Ubuntu-Mate 20.04 and am very pleased. An 8GB unit would be indistinguishable in performance from ordinary, higher cost x86 desktop computers.

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...