Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass not starting up since windows update 2004

Michael V

When i start Enpass (not the windows store one) i get a white screen in the enpass window, the process hangs and i can't shut it down via the Task Manager. Only a reboot works.

What i have tried so fair:

• Repair Enpass
  • Reinstall Enpass
  • Backup enpass folder and delete it
  • Trying a previous version
  • Trying portable version of Enpass

I don't know where i can find a crash log.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Pratyush Sharma,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 2004 over the weekend, and I have the same issue. Running as an administrator, it "almost works" but I cannot setup vault sync through Google Drive (Firefox gets confused).  So now I'm stuck running on an old backup of my vault I had done, and manually syncing on that file.

Is there anything I can do to help pinpoint and fix this issue?

(Because yes, I made the mistake of uninstalling to try and fix the issue, which disconnected from my vault...)

Thank you

Edited by srouleau

Hello @Pratyush Sharma,

I am running the version from the Microsoft Store, at the latest version.

The only way to start the application is to run it as an administrator, then when I try to setup the Google Drive sync, it launches Firefox, and when I click "Accept" it does not re-start Enpass properly (because I presume Firefox does not know it needs to start it as an Administrator).

Do you think running the version from the website instead of the Microsoft Store would help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @srouleau,

We need a little input from your side, so can you please let us know that if the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Enpass\" exists and contains Enpass.exe. Also, let us know if you can open the Enpass.exe with double click or "Open" option after right click without using the "Run as administrator" option?

Thanks for your co-operation.