Enpass Discussion Forum

Enable Browser Extension

Hi @Vagnertavaresjr

Thanks for writing in. 

It seems that you're using the UWP version (downloaded from Windows Store) of Enpass and currently the support for browser extension is only for the Traditional Version of the app which can be downloaded for free from our website.

The Traditional Windows version is more powerful win32 application and is free under our policy of free desktop versions offering following extra features.

• Importing data from other software.
  • Support of Enpass browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari (Mac).
  • Auto run at system startup.
  • Password Audit.
9 hours ago, Vagnertavaresjr said:

How would it work on MS edge?

Support for Edge browser is already in Alpha testing phase and hopefully, Beta will be rolled out before the End of this month.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am having problems activating the Enpass browser extension for Edge.

Have gone into settings within Enpass for Windows and checked use browser extensions.

After doing so the extension still doesn't work.

I am using the latest version of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 2017 and Edge.

Please advise,

Thank you

Rob

Edited by drkga

Guest Akash Vyas

Hello @drkga

In order to use the Edge browser extension, please make sure that you've got have the Enpass Password Manager (Bridged App) downloaded from Windows Store. Also, please have a look at our page mentioning the different versions of Enpass required for the browser extensions.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Good Morning

A great program!

Please move if in the wrong thread. I have been using Enpass for windows PC, downloaded from the Enpass website for a few months. I have been using Firefox exclusively...but now I have frequent crashes with Firefox and want to migrate to Edge...but the app tells me I need to download and enable the Edge extension...which I have done, but still get the popup warning about the extension requirements. Do I need to uninstall the windows PC version obtained from your website and download Enpass from windows Store?

If this is the case...please be specific with details, can I download and over write, or uninstall PC version, restart and install Store version. Do I need to export all my data...etc etc

Will the Firefox & google extensions work with the windows Store version?

Thanks for any help

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @stu2010

Thanks for writing in.

In order to use the Enpass Edge extension, you need to use the Windows Store version of the app(Enpass Password Manager). 

2 hours ago, stu2010 said:

Do I need to uninstall the windows PC version obtained from your website and download Enpass from windows Store?

If this is the case...please be specific with details, can I download and over write, or uninstall PC version, restart and install Store version. Do I need to export all my data...etc etc

Yes, you need to uninstall the existing one first and then install the Windows Store version of the app. Though you can easily restore your existing data from the cloud account yet we always recommend that you keep a manual backup with you.  

Will the Firefox & google extensions work with the windows Store version?

Yes, you can use all the extensions with the app. Please have a look at this blog post to know more about it.

Cheers!